PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

Pharoah
02-16-2004, 09:38 PM
I noticed that one of my injectors is leaking between where the metal meets the plastic electrical connector. I need to know what might have caused this because i am clueless. I am going to pull some new injectors from from the junkyard down the road next weekend. i am getting them out of a lude. are they the same CC as a 3g 1988 honda accord?

nswst8
02-16-2004, 09:46 PM
If you were in that area and knock it by accident, its possible to have cause an old O ring to crack.
Hope this helps, LOL
Phil :cheers:

johnwc723
02-16-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah dude mine had the same problem, its a big issue for our cars, the leak between the "metal and the plastic" i just got remanufactured ones, one of them started to leak even so i bought one from a friend

Blkblurr
02-17-2004, 04:16 AM
It happens to all to them due to age and the fact that the fuel is under pressure. It will find it's way out through small cracks or worn seals. You cannot repair these but they alll will leak eventually.

johnwc723
02-17-2004, 11:13 AM
yep, gasoline is a solvent too hehe, yeah i tried to repair mine wiht epoxy and it sure didnt work, best bet is to replace the effected injector

for some reason whenever someone brings up this problem people always think ohh it must be the O-ring! in your case it isnt, havent acutally seen an oring issue yet..

Blkblurr
02-17-2004, 11:26 AM
It's actually a press fit with a thin gasket between the plastic body and the stainless injector housing. The company I work for built some equipment that assembled them years ago. The honda engine plant is 40 miles from my house. Your not likely to see an o-ring problem unless it's the one in the fuel rail to injector. That one is trapped pretty good. The ones going into the intake manifold are not under pressure anymore so they shouldn't leak.