PDA

View Full Version : Fixed...Now new Sputter

jigga89SEi
02-17-2004, 09:33 AM
I changed my t-stat...and cleaned and adjusted the fast idle control valve.... Now my ecu is throwin' a 14, and it's sputtering during acceleration..... I've searched and done a little bit of reading.... And I know 14 is the IAC valve... So is it possible I just messed somethin up when I was working on it... Or do I need to replace the valve.... Please help.... To make the situation worse... My girlfriend fly's in from arizona today.... I'm supposed to pick her up at the airport at 4:30... The airport is 3hrs away.... I didn't get to see her valentines day.... And to make it even worse today is here birthday... I really need to get this fixed.... Please help...
Jade
AKA
Jigabu

jigga89SEi
02-17-2004, 10:59 AM
i checked the plug to the IAC....And reset the ECU....Its still sputtering in first...But it don't do it all the time.... Please help.... I've got to get to the airport....
Jade
AkA
Jigabu

Bioforge
02-21-2004, 06:03 AM
I would just go back and double check your work...sometimes its very easy to miss something...and if all else fails, just replace it.

TINBOAT
02-21-2004, 06:22 AM
Did you bleed the cooling system...I know it sounds wierd, but your ECU can throw that code if the IAC isnt warmed up, which is caused by an air lock in the cooling system.
Wont take long to find out, and good luck !!!

2oodoor
10-17-2010, 03:52 PM
what exactly is
Sputter?
If it is that chuba chuba sound at the tailpipe that sounds like a misfire but yet the car doesnt really seem to misfire all the time then I got it.
Im pretty close to ripping this fuel injeciton off and eliminate a couple dozen potential causes.
new plugs , wires, 4th gen injectors , new seals, retimed the cam to correct place.. all of which seemed to improve the situation but then went right back to chubbering:violin:

My primary complaint though is the gas fumes in the car. It is about to be winter and I cant have that. Another thing too is I lost about a gallon of gas when I cranked the motor with different injectors and bad seals. That gas is still on the concrete over 24 hours later, is wet .. ethanol?

Xaisk
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Roo id be cautious about driving with the gas fumes. I had the same thing going on and over a series of 2 weeks of it it made me extremely aggresive and agitated. I would try to find the cause soon because it cant be good for your health.

I put a custom exhaust on mine and that got rid of the fumey gas smell. That and My new exhaust manifold removed this pipe that had no outlet and spewed gas smell out. It was due to the PCV stuff being removed when I did the weber swap.

2oodoor
10-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Roo id be cautious about driving with the gas fumes. I had the same thing going on and over a series of 2 weeks of it it made me extremely aggresive and agitated. I would try to find the cause soon because it cant be good for your health.

I put a custom exhaust on mine and that got rid of the fumey gas smell. That and My new exhaust manifold removed this pipe that had no outlet and spewed gas smell out. It was due to the PCV stuff being removed when I did the weber swap.

yes I know about the medicianal side effects of gasoline, lol I used to work at a full service station and noticed that phenom.
EEK you should not have removed PVC stuff during the weber swap that is one thing that remains. Maybe the bowl vent and charcoal canister evap hardware for the tank, yeah. Im used to a little fumes using a Weber but this is a FI car and shouldnt have any.
I guess I will remove the back seat and check the tank connections, then change the filter up front next.

kentwat
10-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I know on my lxi it used to smell whenever I'd run the heat or a\c. I changed out my valve cover gasket and it is like a new car inside. I couldn't see much for a leak but it made a big difference.

Xaisk
10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
eh it might not have been a PCV pipe. My exhaust manifold had 2 pipes going out of it. one to the intake (which stayed when I swapped the LXI exhaust manifold in) and another brass looking colored pipe that went into this square box then the carb. When pullin junk from the old carb out that box came out too, leaving the pipe to spew fumes.