PDA

View Full Version : coilover conversion for sprint springs?

POS carb
07-08-2002, 11:43 AM
Is there a kit you can buy that converts your current spings into an adjustable coilover setup cuz I want to lower the front a tad to be even with the rear (subs and amps make it sag more out back)
I have sprint springs and tokico struts so I don't think it'll have any ride problems all I need is like .5 inches (don't say "chop them" either, it ain't gonna happen!)

Chris86Lxi
07-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey man, i don't really think i can help ya on that but i have a question that deals with suspension. I was lookin at your site and i'm gettin ready to do the prelude arm conversion and i wanted to know exactly how hard is it to pop the new ball bearings in the new arms? Do i put them through the Prelude arm and then into the stock piece? Also, on the site it doesn't show you how to correct the camber? How do you? It just shows you how to replace the arms but not how to adjust and slide the arms to fix the camber problem. Sorry this is off of your topic.
Thanks alot man,

Chris

Jims 86LXI HB
07-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Well eric opm motorsports has basic coilover kits that don't come with springs. I'm pretty sure the price they give is per corner. $34.95 They use 2 1/2" springs so since your front springs are 2 1/2" you should be able to install your sprint springs and get the adjustment you want. Their site does say they will work with any 2 1/2" rate or length of spring. I have no idea what the difference between version 1 and version 2 is. Here's the link.

http://www.opmmotorsports.com/products/honda/accord/86_88accordlxi.html

chronicsinners
07-09-2002, 07:04 AM
pos, i have the same disccrepency with my sprint springs, because of the trunk and its respective bump, it rides noticibly lower in the back and looks like ass, in tern, i was looking for a simalar solution however i have concluded that i will cut the springs, worst case scenario i buy new springs, or GC's i plan on doing it this weekend or whenever i get an oppurtunity. ill let u know

POS carb
07-10-2002, 10:24 AM
ya let me know.

As for the site it hasn't been updated in a long time, if I can get a digicam here I can snap some pics