PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Honda and put a full blown PC in it

SrvZro
02-17-2004, 02:41 PM
This isn't my car. Its a website that I found when I was thinking of putting a car-puter in the Honda (http://68.77.191.217/car_computer.htm). I like that fact that he remade his center console and put his own arm rest and cup holder!

I swear, thats the only thing that the car needed was a damn cup holder. I didn't notice that there wasn't a cup holder when i bought the car. I was pulling away from In&Out looking for a spot to put the drink.

Anyways, enjoy

88 Accord carputerhttp://www.flyingtitan.com/nuke/89accord/88_accord_carputer.jpg (http://68.77.191.217/car_computer.htm)

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 03:03 PM
dayum!! that takes alot of work!! that guy has got to become a 3geez member! thats sweet!!

Grant2k
02-17-2004, 03:47 PM
that's the next step for Jim, that nerd. that's pretty cool though... i guess.

Busted_Blue
02-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Man, and I thought american couldnt get worse by living on the move.

pimp86LX
02-17-2004, 04:45 PM
so cool....yet so useless.

that guy is pretty damn hardcore though. kudos!...err uhhh i mean...Mayde Props Yo! wiggidy wack and so forth..

88LXiHatchMOdifier
02-17-2004, 07:33 PM
thats some sick shit.., damn..
that is nuts.....

88LXiHatchMOdifier
02-17-2004, 07:35 PM
that is pimp..,lol..real pimp..

lightbulblxi
02-17-2004, 07:50 PM
wtf????? he has the money to put in a computer, but leave the stock shift knob???? he should turn the shifter in to the mouse, so when he moives the shifter, it moves the arrow on the screen. haha.

pimp86LX
02-17-2004, 07:55 PM
it seems kinda useless, but i can see this dude being a fabricator for some custom shop doing kick ass work one day.

johnwc723
02-17-2004, 08:02 PM
i dont think the harddrive would be able to function with the vibration of the car, let alone the cd player, also condensation might be an issue with the circuit board especially around the processor in the winter, not very functional either...

whatever give you your jollies i guess though, some of the mods we put in our car are about as functional as a computer in it in the end...

smufguy
02-22-2004, 10:28 PM
bastard i hate you. grrrrrrrrrr

Im gonna be running a P4 or a P3 with a laptop harddrive pretty soon on my car. Its primary usage is for Navigation cause i do drive a lot and go to a lot of new places in my job. Also im loosing the headunit and the Amp is gonna be running off the PC via a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound card. These are the two main reasons, im loosing my headunit and getting the computer. Third is just for some gay ass movies. and videos to watch and entertain people.
Im also gettin the touchpad instead of the mouse for easier acccess.

Already got a 80Amp (customized 4g accord alt) in the car cause my old one went out. All i have to do is get the money and its all done.

Sabz5150
02-22-2004, 10:32 PM
bastard i hate you. grrrrrrrrrr

Im gonna be running a P4 or a P3 with a laptop harddrive pretty soon on my car. Its primary usage is for Navigation cause i do drive a lot and go to a lot of new places in my job. Also im loosing the headunit and the Amp is gonna be running off the PC via a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound card. These are the two main reasons, im loosing my headunit and getting the computer. Third is just for some gay ass movies. and videos to watch and entertain people.
Im also gettin the touchpad instead of the mouse for easier acccess.

Already got a 80Amp (customized 4g accord alt) in the car cause my old one went out. All i have to do is get the money and its all done.

Bah, DD is crap. Go DTS or SDDS. Trust me.

Sabz5150
02-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Anyway, for the 'puter, get an ITX board and case. There are power supplies and cases designed for in-car apps. You can also boot them off of CompactFlash and not have to worry about vibration. Need more space? Install a laptop hard drive, they can handle the daily shakes and bumps.

If you're losing the HU, you can always install a slot load DVD-ROM in the HU's place, attach a firewire bridge to it and run the firewire cable to the computer. Build a small 5/12 power supply from rectifiers and power it from the stock harness.

From there you can either install a high end THX or DTS soundcard or an 802.11 card. Ya only have one slot, so choose wisely.

EvilPenciler
02-23-2004, 02:32 AM
This brings wardriving to a new level ...