PDA

View Full Version : 3geez Heaven

Magny
02-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Damn man, I never thought there was a junkyard here in California that had nothing but 3geez and a few of others (all honda only). One thing that made me really want to get was the B16A3 DOHC VTEC(i think it was 2), and he was gonna sell it for $1k. he wasn't sure on the estimated milage used on it but thats how much he was sellin it for. BUt anyways, all the 3geez there were wrecked in every direction (one section per car just about) and out of those piles, only about 20-30 of them had their engine still in them. They were mostly carb though. And the average milage on them is about 80k-150k. Some had leaks, blown head, piston heads stickin out, but a few were in good shape (i'd say about 10-15 of them were). I asked him how much for a hood (looks brand new) he said $100. I havent found out about the other stuff cause I didn't want to stay long and buy shit with no money lol. anyways I went there to get the little rubber gromets for that funky lookin plastic tube. and since I was missing the 2 little pieces for the air cleaner lid, i wanted the peices only, he said no, so i bought the lid too. so with all these pieces, the 2 little rubber gromets would of costed me $18 from the dealer. but from this junk yard I got all three of those things for $10. That included the spring, the gromits and the lid. so I saved myself over $30 just about.

NXRacer
02-17-2004, 03:50 PM
i love good finds in junkyards. Too bad there are only like 15-20 total in both junk yards near me and they've both been pretty much stripped. Good thing i dont need to worry about getting junk yard stuff any more. :D Now if i can only find a blue SE-i console..........

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 03:55 PM
dude where in cali damnit lol!!

u makin me piss my pants here!!

Magny
02-17-2004, 03:55 PM
they have a few Se-I from what I can see, but im not sure cause the emblems are gone off of all of them just about.

*EDIT*

Where u live at in Cali??? Im here in Sunnyvale (South Bay)

Busted_Blue
02-17-2004, 03:57 PM
i love good finds in junkyards. Too bad there are only like 15-20 total in both junk yards near me and they've both been pretty much stripped. Good thing i dont need to worry about getting junk yard stuff any more. :D Now if i can only find a blue SE-i console..........

Its just an LXi optional Console...never seen a SE-i with a blue interior.

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 03:59 PM
they have a few Se-I from what I can see, but im not sure cause the emblems are gone off of all of them just about.

*EDIT*

Where u live at in Cali??? Im here in Sunnyvale (South Bay)

im in san jose cali bay area east side san jose..

pm me their address and shit i wanna go check it out

wprocomp
02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Now if i can only find a blue SE-i console..........
:wave: I do have a tan one for sale! but sorry my blue one is staying on the car till I sell it

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 06:31 PM
still waitin on the address buddy lol

lightbulblxi
02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
hey blazin, when u go, wanna check prices on rear discs if they have them? thanx.

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 07:34 PM
hey blazin, when u go, wanna check prices on rear discs if they have them? thanx.

fo sho if i get the address lol

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Oh man... I smell a roadtrip for me! hahah

I wish :(

buish
02-17-2004, 09:18 PM
yo, what junkyard you goto since you in sunnyvale? i usually goto the 2 pick-n-pulls in san jose. they have a decent selection of 86-89 accords.

rear disc swap will run you about $200? at the pick-n-pull here, it just depends who you get as cashier, someone knowledgable or not. if they not, they don't charge you for some parts b/c they don't recognize the parts.

normally, when i'm in the junkyard, and see accords with no emblems, just look for the following:
DX - no power windows/locks
LX - power windows/locks
LX-i - rear sway bar, moonroof
SE-i - rear sway bar, moonroof, armrest console, leather interior

hope that helps

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 10:32 PM
lol magny tryin to hold out on us! i need a hood and bumper damnt!!!! :D

Magny
02-17-2004, 10:56 PM
nah I aint holdin out, I was playin DR2 for the last 6 hours, still stuck on a level that I couldnt beat before. aint plannin on cheating either.

I didn't know you lived here in San Jose, I lived there for the first 10 years of my life. I'm a 408 man for life. Lived on the east side with all the gangs and sh*t. Don't know if you know where Nancy Lane is, by alum rock and central or white, whatever it is.

anyways, its at 790 Comstock St. , fastest way for you to get there is 101 north, get off of lafayette and go towards the airport, then before central expressway on your left is comstock.

you will probably love it there. they even have a twin of my car there just about LOL.

*EDIT*
we oughta meet up sometime soon.

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 11:00 PM
lmao nancy lane!!! damn thats like 5mins away from my house! (by car) lol

sweet!!

Magny
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
I used to live there for the first 10 years of my life.

blazin3gen
02-17-2004, 11:04 PM
I used to live there for the first 10 years of my life.

sweet dude are u goin to the reddin meet? maybe we can both drive up there together! ill follow u :D

Magny
02-17-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah im goin to that meet, gotta hook up with bboipinoy112 on the way, cause he goin too. Im goin on all three days. I'm bringin a camera to take a group photo for the meet.