PDA

View Full Version : Drive Axel's

Magny
02-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Ok guys, I have loked and looked for the drive axels that are lightweight and strong, can't seem to find any. Does anyome know who makes drive axels for our cars thats not OEM??? if not I emailed these people at Enjo racing to see if they can make some for our A20A blocks. Let me know quickly before I send off the e-mail, I have it saved in my ready-to-be-sent folder.

smufguy
02-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Ok guys, I have loked and looked for the drive axels that are lightweight and strong, can't seem to find any. Does anyome know who makes drive axels for our cars thats not OEM??? if not I emailed these people at Enjo racing to see if they can make some for our A20A blocks. Let me know quickly before I send off the e-mail, I have it saved in my ready-to-be-sent folder.

lightweight axles? i dont think of anyone who has made it for a 3g. But our 10sec Johnny likes Pepboys Axles cuz they are lifetime warrenty and everytime he breaks one, he just gets another one for free.

also check out the part numbers for our axles with others. U might be able to find an exact fit despite the different part numbers. LIke B series or something might have an aftermarket support. Talk to Carotman or yasu, they might have an insight about axles.

Magny
02-18-2004, 11:03 AM
well the reason I am asking is cause i could possibly get this company to make some aftermarket axels. they got 3 stages currently for the B series and H series. so knowing that and asking them if they can, we might have the option of 3 different stages as well, plus that dude can probably stop breakin axels (although he gets it for free when he does, it may not be very long until they finally decide to stop him from getting anymore), cause some warranties have little fine prints saying you can only get so much per year or something to another.

Magny
02-18-2004, 05:56 PM
well, I sent the e-mail to them since no one else had any input on this topic. So hope we could get some done.

Blkblurr
02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't sacrifice strength for weight on the axles. They don't weigh that much anyways. If that much weight matters I'm assuming your racing alot. If so you want that part of the drive trane to be as strong as possible.

k-roy
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
They make custom axles.

smufguy
02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
the clutch should be of high quality before the axle would break. And like u mentioned, strength for weight is not a compromise. Johnny runs and up of 400+ hp at the wheels if im not mistaken also, he comes off the line with 15psi from 6000K and he pulls 35psi on stock tranny and axles with a Custom ACT clutch with Drag slicks. So i dont know about how many people would be willing to buy an aftermarket Axle.

I forgot to ask this in my first reply, but what is the company u talk to use for their material for this axle fab?

Johnny O
02-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Honda axles are pretty strong from Honda,but I will be trying some drive shaft axles this year or maybe try one set from Honda this year until I get stronger axles.

Sean
02-18-2004, 08:00 PM
im not even gonna get into this thread. but rule of thumb is. multiply engine TQ x first gear x final drive = TQ on axles at 300ft lb flywheel its amazing that they even stay in one piece if you get anywhere close to that number.considering what the output is stock. then again johhnys car is lightened to the class minimum with driver which is 2000lb. figure the avg joe weighs about 175 with a 2500lb car. ahhhhh.

smufguy
02-18-2004, 09:16 PM
For a Efi with Tq = 122 ft.lbs and 5spd, 1st gear = 3.181 and final = 4.066 would give us 1577.94 ft.lbs. so basically we can expect a 1580 ft.lb torque shear on the axles from a standstill? Which is friggin large figure.

Magny
02-18-2004, 09:33 PM
.........I forgot to ask this in my first reply, but what is the company u talk to use for their material for this axle fab?

Don't know, the site isn't saying much, just saying for basic modifications, stage 1, turbo or nitrous stage 2, and all out full race stage 3. Not really sayin anything.

Here is the site:

Enjo Racing (http://www.enjoracing.com)

Magny
02-20-2004, 05:44 PM
ALRIGHT!!!!!!
They replyed with this:

By Enjo Racing Tech Department

Hello,

We can produce a limited run of axle sets provided at least 10 sets are ordered. They would have to all be the same, so you will need to verify that all of the interested parties are purchasing a total of 10 identical sets.

Thank you,

Kevin John-Baptiste
ENJO Precision Products

So who is up for a set???......Wait a minute, lol he didn't say a price, guess he wanted to make sure that there is an interest in this thing first, so who is up for it??? Sean, this will be a great thing if you talked to these guys for your site. Make a package for it. But thats up to you tho.

Thedungeonz89
02-20-2004, 09:42 PM
ALRIGHT!!!!!!
They replyed with this:

So who is up for a set???......Wait a minute, lol he didn't say a price, guess he wanted to make sure that there is an interest in this thing first, so who is up for it??? Sean, this will be a great thing if you talked to these guys for your site. Make a package for it. But thats up to you tho.
Interested... IF I can get them 4 my 89lxi 2 door!!!!
:cheers:

Sean
02-21-2004, 02:50 PM
well ive been on the phone with the drive shaft shop a few times. I can get them whenever but $ is the issue. Ill be testing a set this spring when the track opens.