PDA

View Full Version : 3g Goes into the shop TOMORROW!!

Bloodlust
02-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Well as some of you know, I have been wanting to get the rust fixed and the kit on my car for a while now. Well there is a little bit of a time problem, because I am a driver to HostileJava's wedding on March 6th, and I am worried that it wont be ready by that time. But for most of the day today i came up with a time schedule at worst case scenario:

Car goes in shop tomorrow to get rust fixed and painted - 3 days (Feb 23rd)at best, 7 days (Feb 27th) at worst.

Kit will arrive in a little under a week (Feb 24th) at best and (Feb 26th) at worst.

So basically even under the worst circumstances I will have my kit around the time the rust is done, and then I can take the kit in to get painted and installed, which will take 1-2 days. So Im pretty much guaranteed to have my car back back and ready for the wedding by Feb 29th, well before the wedding. Man im good!

NXRacer
02-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Thats awesome! Its gonna look SWEEET.

FYI - from my experience body shops have a habit of doubling even tripling the time frame they originally give you.......

RobT5580
02-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Good luck i cant wait to see some better pictures of the xenon kit on a coupe. I cant wait to get to the body work on my car but first i have to finish the Turbo project. Make sure the shop dont use the double sided tape to install the kit because i have heard complaints that it dont stick well and can come off. Good luck and cant wait to see some pictures.

HostileJava
02-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Neener neener, mines going to be painted before then :D

Bloodlust
02-18-2004, 01:26 PM
FYI - from my experience body shops have a habit of doubling even tripling the time frame they originally give you.......

AHHH DONT TELL ME THAT!! Im already on edge as it is, doubling up on xanax man! :bong:

But really, this guy is good, and he knows im on a strict time frame. Hes a friend of my Dad's, im sure he will give be good and fast about the work.

Bloodlust
02-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Neener neener, mines going to be painted before then :D
Heh, question is, who's is gonna look better? Hmm? Hmm? Yeah thats what i thought :D

lightbulblxi
02-18-2004, 01:58 PM
cant wait to see it man, ur car really needs a kit. what kit are u getting? are you gonna stay with white?

Bloodlust
02-18-2004, 02:05 PM
cant wait to see it man, ur car really needs a kit. what kit are u getting? are you gonna stay with white?

I got a Xenon kit. And yep its staying white of course. I hope it will turn out good.

EvilPenciler
02-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Mikes89AccordLXi: u see my thread?
DJ R1c3y: yeah
Mikes89AccordLXi: whats ur name on there?
Mikes89AccordLXi: i can never keep names straight
DJ R1c3y: Evilpenciler
Mikes89AccordLXi: thats what i thought
Mikes89AccordLXi: hey u didnt reply biatch

HostileJava
02-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Heh, question is, who's is gonna look better? Hmm? Hmm? Yeah thats what i thought :D

I think we already know the answer to that. The person having the custom body work done :D

Bloodlust
02-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Well... I took it in this morning :( I miss her already. A part of me wanted to just drop it off on Monday so that way I dont have to waste a weekend, but he said he would get started on it today, and if all goes well and its not that bad he would be done on Monday. Maybe he works Saturdays tho.... ehh probably not. Would be awesome if i get a call Saturday morning 'Your cars ready.' That way when HostileJava and SteveDX come up this weekend there will be three 3g's in the driveway for pictures. But oh well, its just wishful thinking.