PDA

View Full Version : speedy wheels

gekko
02-19-2004, 04:25 PM
would these fit in 16 inch ,,, though its 42 mm offset ???

http://customwheelsmarket.com/spehis67black.html

DigitaLuminescence
02-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Yep, they'll fit fine. Mine are 42mm offset and there's no problem.
(Are the stock 3rd gen wheels 40mm offset?)

lightbulblxi
02-19-2004, 04:47 PM
those look phat!

gekko
02-19-2004, 05:11 PM
they are a dream come true for me =)
would look tha bomb on my black aerodeck

Busted_Blue
02-20-2004, 03:36 AM
wow..nice rims! 160 per rim.OUCH. =X

HondaBoy
02-20-2004, 11:05 PM
yeah, 40mm is what 3gees run original. hey, with a 35mm what will that do. and with a 50mm what will that do? i wanted to know whats up with that. im not good on that, i should just research. i'd think those rims will look good on your aerodeck, those just look great. not all cheapy.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-21-2004, 12:47 AM
yeah, 40mm is what 3gees run original. hey, with a 35mm what will that do. and with a 50mm what will that do? i wanted to know whats up with that. im not good on that, i should just research. i'd think those rims will look good on your aerodeck, those just look great. not all cheapy.

Without getting to wordy, here's what the offset numbers mean. Using 40mm as a baseline or starting point. If you go to a 35mm offset it moves the wheel/tire outward away from the car and closer to the fender lip (DO NOT RUN 35mm OFFSET ON A 3g*). If we go the oppisite direction and go with a 45mm offset the wheel/tire moves inward away from the fender lip. Discount tire has a pretty good tech section that give's a more scientific explanation.

On these car's, 40mm offset's are the easiest offset to get. *Avoid offset's that are less than 40mm, they are flat out not worth the trouble, search harder and find different rims. We can use anything higher up to 45mm without worry, (maybe even higher depending on rim width, I don't know, ZERO research on going higher than 45mm offset). Sometimes the 45mm is a requirement, like to run 18" rims or if we want to run 215mm tread widths in certain circumstances.

gekko
02-21-2004, 05:56 AM
Without getting to wordy, here's what the offset numbers mean. Using 40mm as a baseline or starting point. If you go to a 35mm offset it moves the wheel/tire outward away from the car and closer to the fender lip (DO NOT RUN 35mm OFFSET ON A 3g*). If we go the oppisite direction and go with a 45mm offset the wheel/tire moves inward away from the fender lip. Discount tire has a pretty good tech section that give's a more scientific explanation.

On these car's, 40mm offset's are the easiest offset to get. *Avoid offset's that are less than 40mm, they are flat out not worth the trouble, search harder and find different rims. We can use anything higher up to 45mm without worry, (maybe even higher depending on rim width, I don't know, ZERO research on going higher than 45mm offset). Sometimes the 45mm is a requirement, like to run 18" rims or if we want to run 215mm tread widths in certain circumstances.

i learned something new today =)
so since they are 42 mm offset they will fit just nice then , actually more innward then 40 mm (that i have now)

have anyone of dealed with http://customwheelsmarket.com as i live in norway , there is not much i can do if i order the rims and don't recive anything (no one here in norway is importing speedy wheels)

HondaBoy
02-21-2004, 10:36 PM
the reason i asked that was because i was going to find some 15 inch rims off a legend. dont know if the bolt pattern is wider. anyway, thanks for the info. so i know less #'s are outward, and bigger #'s are inward. good to know for much bigger rims. i'd say some 16's look good and ones with more rim lip look good in 17 inch. anyway, thanks.

k-roy
02-21-2004, 11:03 PM
the reason i asked that was because i was going to find some 15 inch rims off a legend. dont know if the bolt pattern is wider. anyway, thanks for the info. so i know less #'s are outward, and bigger #'s are inward. good to know for much bigger rims. i'd say some 16's look good and ones with more rim lip look good in 17 inch. anyway, thanks.
The 80s Legand rims will work. The 90 and up use a differant patern, I tried to get a set off a 92.

joker2
02-26-2004, 06:30 AM
I know you have your heart set in those wheels there but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find those or ones that look just like them, for cheaper, on line somewhere...... They want almost $140 per rim, Damn!!! For that much they better be throwing in some tires..... :rolleyes: