PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Removal ?'s

mattalica
02-19-2004, 05:02 PM
My cruise control doesn't work and hasn't since I bought my car 4/03.I don't really need it so I was wondering if it would be benificial or detrimental to my car if I removed it.I don't expect ant better performance but I could use the weight reduction.Also windering the same thing about my a/c.Thanks for any help,Matt

PhydeauX
02-19-2004, 05:41 PM
You don't gain anything but space by taking the cruise out. The actuator doesn't weigh a pound at most and the control box is about the size and weight of a pack of smokes. Removing it depends on the year and I forget which year it changes. It used to connect to the accelerator pedal, which made it a b*tch to get out. I don't know where it attaches on the later modles, but you problaby dont have to take the pedal assembly out to remove it so it has to be easier. Removing the ac system is a diferent story. There is alot of weight to be saved in taking that out, also alot of work. You need to have the system drained of freon by some one with the proper equipment, then its just the task of unbolting and removing alot siezed up parts. Prolbably close to 100lbs of crap if you get *everything*.

andy

AccordEpicenter
02-19-2004, 07:37 PM
i took my cruise out because it was gay and it was just in the way... it maybe saved like 2-4 lbs all said and done... A/C weighed close to 50lbs but thats taking EVERYTHING out, ac compressor, all the lines, reciever/dryer, condensor, compressor bracket etc it was alot