PDA

View Full Version : Koni Red adjustments???

jeremiah0678
02-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Hey guys, im ordering my Koni Reds finally. What i was wondering is, for the people that have them....did you start at the softest setting and go up, or did you start at the hardest setting and come down? Just wondering so i have an idea of where to start. Persoanlly i like a stiffer ride, i hate feeling like im on a pogo stick..so im wanting to start stiff and go from there, but i always appreciate input from people that have done things before me. So thank you for any suggestions you may have!

Jeremiah

AZmike
02-20-2004, 08:07 AM
I'd say that you should start softer. Several people on the board have installed Konis with the rebound damping set too high and been really disappointed with the results. What springs will you be running? Koni recommends setting to full soft for stock springs. Most lowering springs should be somewhere near 1 turn from soft. The stiffest lowering springs will requiremore a little more. If you can get the rates for your springs it might be worthwhile to contact Gordon Benson at Koni ([email protected]). He's helped several members solve their rebound adjustment problems.

RobT5580
02-20-2004, 10:54 AM
If i recall i set mine at 2 turns off full soft and its nice i spoke to Jim when i did mine since he experimented with his a lot and i think had the same springs. I think 88Lxi68 has his set as high as it goes and his rides nice with his GC Coilovers.

Hopefully the shop has them in stock otherwise your probably not going to get them as they are discontinued now. But im sure a few shops might have a set laying around but its hard because our cars are old and most people wont stock parts for them. But they are worth every penny i paid for them and i think this is a mutual response.

jeremiah0678
02-20-2004, 06:40 PM
yeah www.tirerack.com has them in stock, and im running coilovers with 450 front 350 rear spring rates....at the stock heigth cause i wanted a more solid ride. and ive been going back and forth on Koni and Bilstein HD's, so if ya'll have a recomendation on the brand let me know!

dXsquared
02-20-2004, 06:46 PM
tire rack doesnt have them anymore.. its an error...

and with 450 front and 350 rear, you would need to get them revalved cuz thats freekin STIFF... maybe find somthing softer

Travis

jeremiah0678
02-20-2004, 06:50 PM
well that just F'n sucks...ohh well off to Bilsteing I go..LOL Im in San Diego where everyone had to send their struts to get revalved, so i guess i can just run them over and drop them off when they come one....but im glad i asked on here, i hope i can offer as much help as ya'll have given me.

shepherd79
02-20-2004, 07:01 PM
a lot of people call shox.com and they will take care of everything when it comes to revalving Bilsteing struts.

jeremiah0678
02-20-2004, 07:03 PM
no shit? well they are here in san diego too...so i guess im all hooked up! now i just need 300 horsepower, and i can go kick ass in the WRC...LMAO

Cyric_accord
02-22-2004, 07:14 PM
no shit? well they are here in san diego too...so i guess im all hooked up! now i just need 300 horsepower, and i can go kick ass in the WRC...LMAO

That would be great except for a few things like you need to drive for a manufacturer and use their cars... you just can't take your own car and throw your lot into the WRC :)

Plus theres the matter of getting a good co-driver, somehow setup a 4wd system on the 3g, and fit a sequential gearbox in the car too.... with the amount of times they shift, i think it would almost be mandated

jeremiah0678
02-22-2004, 08:08 PM
LOL, i was just kidding, but here in CALI you can join the SCCA rally circuit, they have a 2 wheel drive class....but im not going to put my car through all that. I just want a sportier handling suspension. Im going to go ahead and order the Bilstein HD;s, and order new, softer Eiback ERS springs for my coilvers, probably in the 225-250 range for the front (a little firmer) but not overkill like the crap i have now.