PDA

View Full Version : Crank Pulley

damnthesenames
02-20-2004, 11:30 AM
How do I pull off the crank pully? I have the standard tool however the only two holes in the pulley will not line up... i read the manual but it didn't help too much.... but I am in a rush so I MIGHT have missed somthing :)

TINBOAT
02-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Once the bolt is removed, the pulley should slide off easily..no need for a puller. If it is stubborn, spray a little WD-40 on it, and give it a gentle tap with a hammer, but dont hit it too hard, you dont want to bend anything...just make sure you are pulling it straight back.
Good luck !!

damnthesenames
02-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks ya... got it right off with a little bit of WD40... I have never seen such a horriably greasy, oily, dirty, grimey disgusting engine in my time... that's only 19 years tho :) I need to buy a timing belt cover... mine's busted up, anyone have one?

Once the bolt is removed, the pulley should slide off easily..no need for a puller. If it is stubborn, spray a little WD-40 on it, and give it a gentle tap with a hammer, but dont hit it too hard, you dont want to bend anything...just make sure you are pulling it straight back.
Good luck !!

k-roy
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
The timing belt cover and gasket are still available at the dealer. I think I paid about $40 for the lower cover and the gasket.

TINBOAT
02-21-2004, 06:13 AM
I got one...15 bucks shipped.

smufguy
02-22-2004, 08:05 AM
since u took out the crank pully, i am sure u can go to the junkyard and pull a cover off. u need only a 10mm socket and a ratchet and u might pay only about 3 to 5 bux. and its just a cover so u dont have to worry about it coming from a junkyard.