PDA

View Full Version : is 1'' noticable??

Mantis88LX
07-08-2002, 04:34 PM
damnit i am probably gonna get my 1'' drop springs put on soon but im worry i wont even notice a difference. im thinking about cutting them to 1 1/2 inchs but not really sure how to do this or how much to cut off. what should i do??

89accordlxi
07-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Well, I guess it will depend on how stiff or soft the springs are that you are using. Depending on their stiffness, differnt springs will compress more than some when loaded with the weight of the car. I am using the 1" tokico springs and am enjoying them so far. The front has a bigger gap than I would like so I was thinking about cutting maybe .5" off in the future.. It might also depend if you have subs in the trunk, or if you have removed parts from the engine compartment like power steering and/or air conditioner.. I am satisfied with my 1" drop since I live in Ia and don't want to have to worry about being able to drive over snow in the winter. I enjoy the performance of stiffer springs more than the dropped look..

Those are my opinions.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

I'm out.

Mike89Accordcom
07-09-2002, 12:23 AM
To be honest you won't notice that much of a drop. I first lowered my honda 1.75", and you could tell but barely. I then got 2.25" drop and that was very noticeable. Springs do settle so within a year might be little lower. But 1" is nothing, think about it. But if you don't want a bad ride or hit holes bad, then 1" is good. ;)

YK86
07-09-2002, 12:28 AM
You will notice the rear gap is smaller but the fronts you can BARELY notice.

Mantis88LX
07-09-2002, 07:57 AM
yea i have the tokico 1'' lowering springs, so how much should be cut off of the front springs ?? i want it to sit a little lower in the front since the back fender is lower than the front

jigga225
07-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Man look. Its 2002 and here's how I view things..
You want the lowered look right? Well go with the lowest you can go. 1 inch aint gonna do much. I got 2" and just got mad, and now I'm goin 2.5".

So whatever you want... go all out and get the best there is for your application. It may cost a little more bread but damn at least you know youll be satisfied.

I learned and have been since demonstrating....

Head unit... DAMN GO ALL OUT!! (JVC digifine with the MP3)

Rims? well as long as I have chrome that'll be good so 15's will work..... HELL NO!!! GO ALL OUT (17 inch Helo Lotus')

Subs.... audiobahns are pretty and they dont cost much and a little bump is all I'll need,,,,, HELL NO BOY! YOU KNOW YOURE GONNA WANT TO BUMP HARD!! (Kicker Comp VR12's)

I could go on forever. But when it comes to my car... even though she's 15 I still pamper her wit only tha best.

want to drop it??? SLAM THAT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT EVEN MESS AROUND WITH ONE INCH... SEE EVEN NOW YOU THINKIN "will it matter" and you dont even know yet. Man go for what you know will be right