PDA

View Full Version : Headlight IDEA

AccordArizona89
02-20-2004, 09:38 PM
alrite well i gotta idea today when i was staring at my eyelids of my car. and i was thinking about this... what if u remove the lids and cut off the lid holder things and then u can like move the lights in an upper direction and get clear plexi glass. then put the plexi glass on the used to be eyelids.. so on so on.. i think im gunna try this next friday. im gunna do some more researchin and lookin into how to get this to work. what you think?

lightbulblxi
02-20-2004, 10:31 PM
are u talkin about moving them up a little and making stationary headlights?

AccordArizona89
02-20-2004, 11:15 PM
ya and they wont flip. then mold the flips.im gunna keep the same headlights and try to make them point upward to shine were at least it looks legal to drive. most likely it will light up my grille too. and make the plexi glass headlights the shape of like the 240 sx. so they look real meanish. im gunna plan itall out and draw 2marrow

RobT5580
02-21-2004, 07:21 AM
I had a cool photoshop from an old member but i dont have it on my computer. I thought it would look good kinda like the odd ball subaru they have. I think that may even be where he stole the lens setup and it had a projector on the side. Iv always thought about changing my setup but i think now im going to leave it with my HID custom projector setup (not done yet). I guess i dont know any body man that i trust enough that is not going to charge me an arm and a leg. It seems all the nice shops around here want crazy amounts for custom work now that its more popular.

HostileJava
02-21-2004, 07:39 AM
I've been thinking about doing that myself, I just havn't gotten the time. It seems like it should be a fairly easy mod. I don't even know if you need the plexi. Just mount small projector lights just behind where you would cut off the eyelid use one for low and both for high.

Edit:

Maybe use somthing like these:

http://www.tuneshops.com/order-1-1-1-1-5443.cfm

I don't know how bright that would be but there are two lights in there that draw 55w each and a 5w side light.

speedpenguin
02-21-2004, 07:43 AM
w/e man, sounds cool if that's your thing, but there ain't nothing better than pop-ups IMHO

accordlxi2.0
02-21-2004, 07:44 AM
i was thinking about making stationary light too, cause i'm not a fan of pop-up's.

HostileJava
02-21-2004, 07:45 AM
w/e man, sounds cool if that's your thing, but there ain't nothing better than pop-ups IMHO

The popups were cool for a while but no one is using them anymore even the Corvette lost the popups and it's had those for as long as I can remember.

lightbulblxi
02-21-2004, 11:33 AM
pops ups are the shit. face it. haha.

Busted_Blue
02-22-2004, 01:16 AM
something about turning on your headlights and hearing the motor move your headlights makes me feel good.

I love popup headlights, shame they add weight and drag. Oh well, my accord wasnt ever meant to be fast anyways.

MrBen
02-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Soon as you hear the "whiiirt!" sound of the headlights going up, you know you're in a 3g :D

hondamanlxi
02-23-2004, 10:05 AM
everyone thats ever tried to make stationary lights has come back with a new respect for robo lights! save yourself a step

speedpenguin
02-23-2004, 01:07 PM
The popups were cool for a while but no one is using them anymore even the Corvette lost the popups and it's had those for as long as I can remember.

that means our cars are now cooler than corvettes! :rolleyes:
seriously, though i loves teh popups. i loves dem when dey're down, and i loves dem when dey're up! i loves dem alla de time! sometimes i sits in my car and hits de little button and they goes up and down and up and down...
:)
k, i'm not quite that obsessed but there's something neat about lights that stick up from your car, very rally-like.
and they look mean when they're down
*edit* i think i've said enough

modu03
02-25-2004, 02:07 AM
yah, unless you can't get the damn things to go up or down anymore!

wallyyfm
03-03-2004, 09:43 PM
*edit*

"Josh from Accordtuners has those as his headlights, on his sedan"

SLVR3GHB
03-03-2004, 10:06 PM
I've been thinking about doing that myself, I just havn't gotten the time. It seems like it should be a fairly easy mod. I don't even know if you need the plexi. Just mount small projector lights just behind where you would cut off the eyelid use one for low and both for high.

Edit:

Maybe use somthing like these:

http://www.tuneshops.com/order-1-1-1-1-5443.cfm

I don't know how bright that would be but there are two lights in there that draw 55w each and a 5w side light.

*edit*

"Josh from Accordtuners has those as his headlights, on his sedan"
I have those headlights on my 87 Sedan. Kinda not done yet. I'm trying to setup the motor or motor arm to only flip up halfway, so for now I have the motors unpluged and have them lifted to the right height. I also have a picture, but its on my computer thats not running. 2 friends of mine have the pictures so I'll try to get them from them, I don't know how to post pictures however. If anyone knows of how I can fix my low rise headlight mod problem, please tell me.

HostileJava
03-04-2004, 06:57 AM
I'd be very interested in seeing that, I would like to do the same thing to my coupe.

NXRacer
03-04-2004, 09:29 AM
i know a guy in roseburg who had a prelude that he converted to non-flipups and he basically put in piaa's (similar to what hostile posted) and took out the headlight buckets and filled in the hood to cover the lights. It looked OK. I still like the flip ups. If you dont want the flipups, the best way would be to convert to a 4G front clip.

HostileJava
03-04-2004, 10:30 AM
i know a guy in roseburg who had a prelude that he converted to non-flipups and he basically put in piaa's (similar to what hostile posted) and took out the headlight buckets and filled in the hood to cover the lights. It looked OK. I still like the flip ups. If you dont want the flipups, the best way would be to convert to a 4G front clip.

I wouldn't do the 4g thing, it would be cheaper just to buy a 4g if u want that look.