PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Problem

skull1441
02-21-2004, 09:43 AM
im not sure if im explaining this right...... my power steering works and sometimes it dont !!! its like it has it's own freakin mind .... its hard to steer for a few minutes then suddenly it goes back to normal .... i got sick of it, its been doing that for a while now..... specially if its hard durring a turn and it suddenly comes bck, my hand will sinc down so my car will turn violently !! :help:

my fluid level is normal

k-roy
02-21-2004, 09:49 AM
How does your belt look? Is it loose? Does it make any noise?
Try replacing it, its fairly cheap and quick to replace.

skull1441
02-21-2004, 01:02 PM
it doens't make noise but ill check the tension when i get the chance ... thnx

87accordlxph
02-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Hi

I know this sounds obvious but, do you have the power steering reservoir filled up to the TOP mark with Genuien Honda Power steering fluid?

Another thing as well, you may have a power steering leak by the control unit under the car. It's covered by this shield. If you can get down under the car by the driver's side you might see through the inspection holes signs of power steering fluid leaking from the hole and maybe on your driveway or where you park your car over night.

I'd recommend that you remove this shield because having this shield used to cover the control unit allows dirt, salt and crud to basically "rust out" the high pressure lines and then causing leaks and air to enter the power steering system which causes it to malfunction.

-Mike from Sarnia!

skull1441
02-21-2004, 07:47 PM
ya its filled up to the top but with cheap o PS fluid !!! ... thnx for the tip, ill remove that cover

Blkblurr
02-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Sounds like your seals have gone bad in the rack. You will need to get a rebuilt one or one from the junkyard. Always use honda power steering fluid in a honda rack. It's most compatable with the pump and seals. Could be a bad pump as well.