PDA

View Full Version : b20a carb conversion

rjudgey
02-21-2004, 11:17 AM
i'm helping out a friend who has a 3g aerodeck estate, his is a carbed a20 but he killed the engine, we've found a donor car a rusted out 4 door with b20a all complete, what i'm planning is to swap front uprights with bigger brakes, axles, mounts etc, but as his is carbed i suggested converting b20a to carbs, he can't afford twin dcoe's at the moment but i though why not use his carb inlet manifold and get a weber downdraught, my question is will the b20a dizzy work with carb ignition or will i have to get him to buy an aftermarket ignition setup and bypass the whole lot not ideal as more money will be needed, or is their another cheap way round?
thanks!

1989 DX R
02-21-2004, 12:36 PM
We had a guy who did the A20 > B20 conversion with carb, but I don't recall how he got the ignition to work.

smufguy
02-22-2004, 07:44 AM
i think Paul (UK, not the russian) did the efi to carb conversion, I GUESS. i am not sure. it should not be a problem. If ur using just the block from the B20a and all the intake and emissions off the A20. I dont think the ignition should matter tho.

rjudgey
02-22-2004, 12:09 PM
fueling system is fine just need something to ignite it, beedoing more thinking, if i use a points dizzy to electronic conversion kit that would do the trick, basically get rid of honda wiring and module and replace with crane/msd/lumenition their not mega bucks a lot cheaper than crank fired system and will also be better thsn oem honda setup! what do you think sound like a good plan?