PDA

View Full Version : h22a cant be impossible

HatchCord
02-21-2004, 04:03 PM
i dont think it cant be possible to put the h22a in our cars. i called a couple of shops around town and they said they would do it. sure everything is going to be custom but i will be having somone do it for me. can you guys explain why on this forum there is so much negativity towards this engine swap?

k-roy
02-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Probably because its expensive and overrated.

Have you ever seen a H22 in another car? Its a lot beefier than an A20.
Shit in my friends Civic he can't even run PS or AC because there is not room. And the only reason the header clears the radiator is because its a fucked up half a radiator theat a Civic has, but he has a fluidyne so its all good. Oh yea he paid $2500 just for the installation on top of $2,500 for the engine and tranny then there was another $3,000 in shit like the suspension so it could hold up to the engine. So his H22 swap cost $8000 on top of the cost of the car.

Do yoself a big favor and turbo the bitch. Spend $4,000 on your car and have it be faster than a H22.

HatchCord
02-21-2004, 04:37 PM
you made some damn good points. i cant turbo my engine cuz its dead it overheated warped the head and i rather save up and swap something else in. if someone knows where i can find a jdm b20 with the tranny please let me know cuz i need it

Lok
02-21-2004, 04:44 PM
DEAR HatchCord

NOBODY SAID THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE A H22 SWAP ON 3G ACCORD
WILL COST YOU A LOT OF MONEY.
THE POWER GAINS WILL NOT BE MUCH BETTER THAN A B18C1 OR B18C5 SWAP
( USING PLACE RACING KIT).
H22 IS VERY HEAVY , THE WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION AND THE HANDLING WILL BE WORST
THAN STOCK.
YOU COULD USE SEAN'S TURBO KIT, ON YOUR A20, FOR OVER 200Hp WITH STOCK
INTERNALS ( CHEAPEST WAY).

Lok
02-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Cheapest Way, Is Rebuild-turbo Your A20

k-roy
02-21-2004, 05:09 PM
you made some damn good points. i cant turbo my engine cuz its dead it overheated warped the head and i rather save up and swap something else in. if someone knows where i can find a jdm b20 with the tranny please let me know cuz i need it

Your block is fine, rebuild it and get a new head, Then go talk to Sean.
You allready got the car with a block and tranny, thats the big stuff. Shit you could do a rebuild with a turbo for $3,000.

HatchCord
02-21-2004, 05:10 PM
bro dont come off with that tone alright. this is an open forum and i asked an open question because i am asking as an open minded person and searching for help from the very knowledgeable people onhere. i appreciate your views but please next time dont use a tone like that.

sorry everyone, kroy has made me see its not worth it. the b20a is my next choice in line. does anyone know if anyone near florida imports them? i know openloop has them but its kinda far from me. i know ill need a tranny too so if you guys know where i can get that id appreciate it too.

HatchCord
02-21-2004, 05:15 PM
wow kroy you think so? my mechanic said like 700 for the head only (to fix). a full rebuild and turbo is 3000?

k-roy
02-21-2004, 05:18 PM
wow kroy you think so? my mechanic said like 700 for the head only (to fix). a full rebuild and turbo is 3000?

Sorry, I do my own work. You can do a rebuild with a turbo for $3k. If the only labor you pay for is a machine shop for the engine build.

I like the B20A Idea. I searched for a B20A for a while, the only problem is I never found a 5 speed to go with it.

Oh and the H22 3G has been done before
http://www.geocities.com/rick_spiff/car/H22A_in_da_car.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rick_spiff/car/index.html
This belongs to a banned member of 3geez, he came around asking questions he probably know we could not answer and he got into some bickering about it.
Im not sure if it ever got on the road or not.

HatchCord
02-21-2004, 05:26 PM
how much is sean's kit? ive heard of numbers upwards of 230hp 300lbs/ft. id really love to hear a swoosh from a nice hks bov. i can always buy a rebuilt a20 for really cheap down here.

Nuffice
02-22-2004, 02:17 AM
I rather have a B20z w/B16 Head than an H22.

Elijah
02-22-2004, 04:15 AM
Sean has engines to.Get ahold of him and he could hook u up with a turboed a20 for the right $.He will make it so u only have to drop it in ur car and go.Oh and there is a b20 for sale check some of the recent market place.

Elijah
02-22-2004, 04:17 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=30660

Here is the link just incase ur lazy

RobT5580
02-22-2004, 08:37 AM
And for the H22 if i had my way i would get a JDM H22 but after installing one in a prelude which it belongs in i would NEVER put one in the accord. I must say the stock JDM H22 is rather impressive and the nicest honda engine i have had a chance to drive. But its just to damn big and it will be a pain to work on and would probably have to be pulled for some repairs. And depending how you would set up the mounts will make things easier or harder. Then you have to deal with the shift linkage and hydro transmission. So in the end its more work than most shops would even want to do. And with the money you spent you could of had even a nice B-series with a turbo. IMO i would tubo the A20A because its much stronger than the open deck B-Series and is cast iron not aluminum.

HatchCord
02-22-2004, 10:55 AM
you guys have given me some great ideas. im gonna try to get in touch with sean about those turboed a20's. i have driven a lude with the h22 swap and it did impress me that why i would have like it but you can't beat the sound of a bov!

RobT5580
02-22-2004, 06:59 PM
I can say the H22's are priced pretty well in comparison to the B18C1 etc. But i was working on my friends 2.2 again today and its just a tight fit even in the 92 prelude. If you have money turbo's are hands down the way to go but most people half ass things and complain that turbos are not reliable because they blew a rod through the side of the block. But most people dont get them tuned properly and or use a cheap ass air/fuel gauge that is not accuate at all.

smufguy
02-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Sorry, I do my own work. You can do a rebuild with a turbo for $3k. If the only labor you pay for is a machine shop for the engine build.

I like the B20A Idea. I searched for a B20A for a while, the only problem is I never found a 5 speed to go with it.

This belongs to a banned member of 3geez, he came around asking questions he probably know we could not answer and he got into some bickering about it.

that project was not completed due to axle mismatch and crappy welding. That engine was a test fitment shot. He showed us that it fits in but it never ran till his last post. This is the reason that H22 swap is impossible, too much money.

RobT5580
02-23-2004, 08:56 AM
If you can fabricate yourself the cost will be around the cost of most other swaps. The biggest part of the whole swap is mounting it in the proper location and doing it right and not just putting it where you think it needs to be. But most people that tend to want or ask about this swap lack the knowledge and experience needed and to pay a shop to do a one of a kind thing is where they rape you. I know a shop around here that quoted me $5000(incl JDM H22) back in 1999 when i first thought of a swap. I didnt even think of the H22 they suggested it and he said he did one in the past in a accord but i had never seen it so i cant say he did. I never considered the swap because at the time it was my daily driver and i didnt want to loose my car for any amount of time. And thats another problem for most people is that they are working on a daily driver. I am pretty confident i could do the swap with my resources but id rather have a smaller turbo motor with plenty of room under the hood to work with.

Nuffice
02-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Get a CR/VTEC B20z w/ B16head and you will be very happy.

rick_spiff
02-28-2004, 12:07 AM
that project was not completed due to axle mismatch and crappy welding. That engine was a test fitment shot. He showed us that it fits in but it never ran till his last post. This is the reason that H22 swap is impossible, too much money.

This project was put on hold due to family/space/wtf I don't know how to weld! considerations.

Really the only outstanding difficulties are:
New engine mounts (HIRE A PROFESSIONAL WELDER/FAB SHOP)
Hydro conversion (easier than it sounds)
No A/C (w/o massive mods)

Otherwise, it's no worse than any other EFI B series swap. You'll need new axles and such. Oh, and currently my tab is running $4,800 including the JDM front clip.

And for the record, that was a fitment pic. Some day, when my wife is done buying goddamn GM vehicles (BURN, BUUUURRRRN!!!) and having ME fix them (!&*@#%^!*$&!&!%$*), I will actually get to work on my car. Once it's done, I will have a powerful 3G with a low-miles EFI motor in it.

And then she can have her '89 SE-i back. ;)

Finally, to reiterrate: DON'T TRY THIS SWAP UNLESS YOUR STUDYING TO BECOME AN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER... or something. It's hard, it takes a lot of work, a lot of squeezing, and it will make the car a little front heavy. No worse than a turbocharged A20, anyway.

Bring on the flames.

RobT5580
02-28-2004, 08:41 AM
No offence you dont have to be a Engineer to do a swap but you will need a bit of experience with cars. I know a lot of people that can do this swap and i have some experience with the H22 myself and think with my knowledge and people i know i could pull it off. I will say the H22 is a awesome motor but it is a big big for our engine bays IMO. Id much rather do a turbo setup than cram this motor in the accord. It is good that you got a front clip though so you dont get nickeled and dimed buying misc parts you need that just a engine package wouldnt have.

Good luck with your project and i know its possible to do it and dont see why everyone says its impossible you just need to know what your doing.

Coitis1
02-28-2004, 11:48 AM
jesus, a sudden onslaught of noobs. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Project-LXi
03-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Well... I originally considered doing an H22A swap because I have the tools to do it. Let me just say Im VERY VERY glad I changed my mind... I went so far as going to the place to buy one! but... when I got there sitting right next to it was a nice b18c1, significantly lighter, only SLIGHTLY less hp/tq, and aftermarket parts for the swap such as mounts! not to mention it was in better condition to boot. Since the tranny had a hole in the bell housing I got it for the same price as the H22A. Since before I joined this site, I didnt even know what an intake was, I cant say Im an expert. Fortunatly I live with one, and even tho I do all the work myself, I am never stuck for too long. So far Ive dumped a couple months and 10 thousand into it... so if you are considering an H22A swap plz plz plz plz take my advice, and JUST DONT DO IT! the pros outweigh the cons, which are several more than ive listed here (uhm working space!!!) so ya, buy a B series or one of seans turbos and i guarentee you, you'll be much happier in the end.

rick_spiff
03-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

I got my clip for a song, and I don't mind reworking 1/4th of my beloved Accord to get it running again... but I still tell people:

It can be done... I'm doing it... don't do it anyway.

And don't even ask me about turbo-charging that monster.

smufguy
03-02-2004, 08:36 AM
Amen to that. I hope finally people would understand the hardship of doing this swap. A lot of noobs think they can do it and what not or say that they wanna be different, but its all BS. But u know what, rick spiff and Matt and the whole thread in the Engine swap section clearly shows what you need and what needs to be doneand why its not worth the money, but i guess people still think they can do it. But yeah, people need to learn from you both atleast. Hopefully this would prevent anyone else from getting into a difficult situation like this.

my86dx4dr
03-02-2004, 05:06 PM
h22 would be overdone in our cars, its ment for 4th gens and fifth gens...
<-- and i just happen to have a 5th gen and plan on doing an h22 swap in july, to put one in a 3g would be a joke, go with a b20 or even a b16 (oldschoolswap) did it!
that reminds me, is juans car quick? i mean i know its hella nice but does that block really improve our cars performance? like 1/4m times and stuff?
cuz thats alot of weight for the motor to power

Lok
03-02-2004, 06:39 PM
THE TORQUE CURVE OF B16A1 (IF YOU DYNOED) IS FLAT BECAUSE OF VTEC.
THAT MEANS THAT B16A1 HAS A LOT OF TORQUE ON LOW RPM ( MORE THAN
12kg.m/1500rpm) AND A LOT OF TORQUE AT VERY HIGH RPM 14+kg.m AT 8000rpm
( WHEN B20A AND A20A3 HAVE NO TORQUE AT THAT RPM LEVEL , REV LIMIT UNDER 7000rpm).
THE B16A1 AND ALL THE B SERIES ENGINES ARE VERY GOOD FOR OUR CARS IF
YOU WANT TO SPENT A LOT OF MONEY FOR 3G ACCORD, BECAUSE OF THE HUGE
AFTERMARKET SUPORT................................YOU COULD MAKE EASY A B16A1
WITH OVER 400Hp ( TURBO)......
IF YOU WANT JUST TO PUT A PERFOMANCE ENGINE ON YOUR 3G ACCORD, THEN
IS BETER AND CHEAPER ,TO SWAP A B20A ( jdm 160Hp, IF YOU FIND ONE WITH
MANUAL TRANSMISSION, IN GOOD CONDITION???) OR IMPROVE YOUR EFI-CARBED A20.
EK CIVIC SI ( BOTH 3D AND 4D CAME TO EUROPE) WEIGHT MORE THAN 2800lbs
(MORE THAN A 3G ACCORD, BECAUSE OF HUGE SAFETY EQUIPMENT, AIR BAGS ETC)
BUT THEY ARE VERY FAST WITH THE B16A3 ( EYROPEAN SPEC 160Hp ,THE SAME AS jdm B16A1) 7.7sec aceleration 0-62milee, max speed 130+miles/h, 1/4mile ON 16sec..................................
A 3G ACCORD WITH B16A1 WILL BE MUCH FASTER,THAN EK CIVIC SI, BECAUSE WILL LOST WEIGHT FROM B16A1 ( A20 HAS 2.0L CAST IRON BLOCK, MUCH HEAVIER THAN B16 1.6L ALLOY BLOCK) .

my86dx4dr
03-02-2004, 07:04 PM
THE TORQUE CURVE OF B16A1 (IF YOU DYNOED) IS FLAT BECAUSE OF VTEC.
THAT MEANS THAT B16A1 HAS A LOT OF TORQUE ON LOW RPM ( MORE THAN
12kg.m/1500rpm) AND A LOT OF TORQUE AT VERY HIGH RPM 14+kg.m AT 8000rpm
( WHEN B20A AND A20A3 HAVE NO TORQUE AT THAT RPM LEVEL , REV LIMIT UNDER 7000rpm).
THE B16A1 AND ALL THE B SERIES ENGINES ARE VERY GOOD FOR OUR CARS IF
YOU WANT TO SPENT A LOT OF MONEY FOR 3G ACCORD, BECAUSE OF THE HUGE
AFTERMARKET SUPORT................................YOU COULD MAKE EASY A B16A1
WITH OVER 400Hp ( TURBO)......
IF YOU WANT JUST TO PUT A PERFOMANCE ENGINE ON YOUR 3G ACCORD, THEN
IS BETER AND CHEAPER ,TO SWAP A B20A ( jdm 160Hp, IF YOU FIND ONE WITH
MANUAL TRANSMISSION, IN GOOD CONDITION???) OR IMPROVE YOUR EFI-CARBED A20.
EK CIVIC SI ( BOTH 3D AND 4D CAME TO EUROPE) WEIGHT MORE THAN 2800lbs
(MORE THAN A 3G ACCORD, BECAUSE OF HUGE SAFETY EQUIPMENT, AIR BAGS ETC)
BUT THEY ARE VERY FAST WITH THE B16A3 ( EYROPEAN SPEC 160Hp ,THE SAME AS jdm B16A1) 7.7sec aceleration 0-62milee, max speed 130+miles/h, 1/4mile ON 16sec..................................
A 3G ACCORD WITH B16A1 WILL BE MUCH FASTER,THAN EK CIVIC SI, BECAUSE WILL LOST WEIGHT FROM B16A1 ( A20 HAS 2.0L CAST IRON BLOCK, MUCH HEAVIER THAN B16 1.6L ALLOY BLOCK) .
lol are you on crack and getting really excited everytime you post?
or is your caps lock stuck?

KoNEY
03-02-2004, 07:43 PM
uh, i have a stock head off a A20a3, im gonna sell it or something fter i get my other head p n'p done, PM me if u need it, its in great shape

smufguy
03-03-2004, 07:17 AM
lol are you on crack and getting really excited everytime you post?
or is your caps lock stuck?

Hahaha, he is defenitely on something and thats for sure. :help: .

Anyway Lok, we know all that shit about the B16 and the A20, apparently you think 100ftlbs at 8K rpm is a lot, but fuck, we make that half the rpm lower. Anyway, i assume u have not been following the works and pros of the A20, so yeah, you need to catch up.

Please, next time when you post do some background research about the B series and the A series and dont ever talk about top speed and 0-60 acc. Cause those numbers, mean nothing. you want a fast car, lets see where that car makes it power, not at an unusable rpm.

Also, check on Seans work, then you might change your mind, or better yet to say learn some more about the A20. :cool2:

smufguy
03-03-2004, 07:19 AM
h22 would be overdone in our cars, its ment for 4th gens and fifth gens...
<-- and i just happen to have a 5th gen and plan on doing an h22 swap in july, to put one in a 3g would be a joke, go with a b20 or even a b16 (oldschoolswap) did it!
that reminds me, is juans car quick? i mean i know its hella nice but does that block really improve our cars performance? like 1/4m times and stuff?
cuz thats alot of weight for the motor to power

http://www.3geez.com/announcement.php?f=38&announcementid=35 << check that.

You will find that its not just the block that made is car faster, its the nitrous and the whole fuel set up. He ran 15.6 in quarter mile if my memory serves right, but also Bitesize ran the same kinda numbers with his A20.

Oh forgot to add, that 15 second run of Juan was without nitrous, which again, is all motor B16.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-03-2004, 10:43 PM
I would definately stay away from the H22 swap.. especially after seeing some dyno results.

How does 160hp sound at the wheels.. but wait, that is after mods.

Header, gained a bit of power... intake, lost power, exhaust lost power.

Unless you plan to turbo the H22, I think a B18 is a way better idea for a swap, more modable. Especially because the H22 is such a tight fit, i would think it would be hard to turbo one.

Lok
03-06-2004, 05:42 PM
SMUFGUY, YOU ARE WRONG, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT ONE 3G ACCORD WITH A20A3 EFI
IS FASTER THAN ONE ACCORD 3G WITH jdm B16A1.
120Hp CAN'T BEAT 160hp.
B16A1 HAS MORE TORQUE AT LOW AND AT HIGH RPM (VTEC TECHNOLOGY) , A20 HAS MORE TORQUE ONLY BETWEEN 4000-5500rpm ( BECAUSE IS 2.0L) , BUT AGAIN
A20 RUNS SLOWER THE ACCORD 3G, AT THAT RPM, BECAUSE OF MUCH LONGER GEARS.
ALL THE NEW 'B' SERIES VTEC ENGINES LIVE FOR 8000rpm, WITH NO RELIABILITY PROBLEMS.
I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT A20, AND IF YOU READ MY PREVIOUS POST, YOU'LL
SEE THAT I HAVE MUCH RESPECT ABOUT SEAN'S WORK.
AS I SAID BEFORE A20 IS A GOOD ENGINE FOR ACCORD 3G. YOU COULD MAKE A LOT OF POWER WITH SEAN'S TURBO KIT, BUT IF YOU WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY
ON YOUR ACCORD..................NEW 'B' SERIES ENGINE ARE ALL, MUCH BETTER THAN
A20...................( B16A1 PRODUCE 300+hp ( EASY) WITH JUST A TURBO KIT
,1BAR ,INTERCOOLER, 440cc INJECTORS AND ONE AFTERMARKET HEAD GASKET ( C/R 9:1).

smufguy
03-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Right or wrong, its not my money and if it was my money i wont get a car let alone an engine that makes its power at an engine speed where i wont operate my car anyway. I valet and i have driven pretty much every single car out there including 2004 Bentlys and Rolls Royces and evern a Masaratie. Even tho that statement seems pointless, the reason i put it there is to mention that i have driven tegs and S2000s. Low end torque? Well, not really cause there is none.

The way an engine makes power is the whole engine design, not just the displacement. The intake design, the runner length, the diameter of the runners and the TB, the head flow, the head design, the valve sizes, the A/F mixture and etc, etc

THe point is, i dont need a car that needs to rev at 8K to make 200hp with 11:1 comp ratio and run on 93 or 94 octane all day. I want a car that can make that kinda power at off idle, and as you said it yourself, Sean has made his turbo that way.

I drive my A20A1 block still with 175K miles on it and with full exhaust and an intake, i can take pretty much any NA teg out there with or without a full exhaust and intake. I can still rev at 6K with no problem thats how reliable it is. Also, the only problem for me is traction and clutch. I got no traction even in second gear and sometimes i have to start in second or switch to second at or around 3K cause i get tire slip. The other factor is the stock clutch pretty much does not like quick shifts so its the only problem for me. IF i can get my 205 rubbers and a stage 1 clutch (for starting out) i am sure i can make them stagger in their tracks.

There are two kinds of people on this forum, People who like their A20 and belive in its power and some who like a swap. There is no real reason to even argue about it. Everyone knows the charecteristics of the engines. and the only engines you can possibly swap is the B16 and the B18 and thats all people have did besides the B20. I have never seen anyone do a B20Bz or even a ZC swap. but to me it does not matter.

For 2K just for the motor and not knowing what condition it comes in and then getting headers and exhaust and whatnot for the engine, i will just keep my A20 and turbo it for a lot less money. And its just me. :D

kji420
01-29-2006, 01:59 AM
:wtf:

kji420
01-29-2006, 02:03 AM
:wtf: i went to my local tuner shop, Max RPM in Bremerton WA, and was told that i could easily "bolt rite in" the h22, and that they had completed the whole swap in about 6hrs. WTF!? r they just blowing smoke up my ass, or do i need to to get the complete rundown of the ordeal and post it for all to have and use?:banghead: :nuts:

carotman
01-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Holy thread revival!!!!!

Anyway. Since they don't know shit about 86-89 Accords, just have them make you an estimate, pay in advance, drop the car to their shop, go back home and wait for their phonecall.

When they say it can't be done, just argue with them and sue them to cours so they can complete the swap for the price of a 6 hour job.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Holy thread revival!!!!!

that means he actually SEARCHED

guys, i dont think we can flame him on this one

i guess if they know what there doing, and can weld/fab, it can be done in 6 hours

gfrg88
01-29-2006, 09:46 AM
i think they prolly got our cars mixed up with the 4 gen cause a lot of people that dont know about our cars think theyre the same :werd:

:welcome:

thegreatdane
01-29-2006, 10:17 AM
i guess if they know what there doing, and can weld/fab, it can be done in 6 hours

lol, no it cant... It's not even close to being realistic.

snoopyloopy
01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
well, i don't know how our cars compare to the 3g ludes. but over at preludepower, they're paying 6 grand or so to get a h22 dropped into their cars, just about as much it would cost to get one into our cars. here's a thread over there on it. and a link to a book on honda engine swaps.
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231259&page=7&pp=10&highlight=h22a+swap
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/honda-engine-swaps.html

kji420
01-29-2006, 08:04 PM
l

kji420
01-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Holy thread revival!!!!!

Anyway. Since they don't know shit about 86-89 Accords, just have them make you an estimate, pay in advance, drop the car to their shop, go back home and wait for their phonecall.

When they say it can't be done, just argue with them and sue them to cours so they can complete the swap for the price of a 6 hour job.
thanx for the info, looks like im goin to the shop tomarrow to "get my h22 bolted rite in" and only pay for 6 shop hrs. now if this pans out i'm gonna be stylin with my new h22 powered 88' LXi.

kji420
01-29-2006, 08:06 PM
thanx for the info, looks like im goin to the shop tomarrow to "get my h22 bolted rite in" and only pay for 6 shop hrs. now if this pans out i'm gonna be stylin with my new h22 powered 88' LXi.

I'm not goin 2 hold my breath, but i mite go and invest in a good lawyer to follow up on the pending false advert suit

kji420
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
now my only prob seems to be not knowing how to delete my posts

getready
01-29-2006, 08:18 PM
so that honda engine swap book just lays out how to do an h-series in our cars? does anyone have that book? I want to see pictures and stuff

snoopyloopy
01-29-2006, 11:50 PM
no, not into a 3g. it's into a 4g and up. but it says how to do it into a 3g lude, which would probably be the closest thing to our cars.

Accordtheory
01-30-2006, 02:39 PM
The type of person who is going to complete an h22 swap would hardly base their decision on a tutorial.. They would just buy the engine, some swap mounts for another chassis, and start cutting and welding, like I did to drop my b series in. Good luck finding a shop that will be able to do that competently. They won't be able to charge enough to justify a quality result. If I had everything in front of me, (customer car) I would have to charge somewhere over $1k just to make the mounts. I've done head gaskets on v6s and v8s for that much, and the mounts are a serious effort.

I say if you can't do it yourself, you don't deserve to have it anyway...so stop typing on the computer and DO IT! ..lol

smufguy
01-30-2006, 03:38 PM
no, not into a 3g. it's into a 4g and up. but it says how to do it into a 3g lude, which would probably be the closest thing to our cars.

a 3g lude has a B20A5, and that motor and its mounting points are no way similar or close to our A20s. So yeah, H22 is better left alone.

Accordtheory
01-30-2006, 06:17 PM
. So yeah, H22 is better left alone.

Don't listen to that, just do it! ..pussies..

my86dx4dr
01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Don't listen to that, just do it! ..pussies..

If a C32 turbo can fit in a 1993 honda civic then a god damn h22 will fit in a 3g

i've done 2 swaps and its not as scary as the initial thought, if you've got welding skills just get crackin

Accordtheory
01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
hell yeah..get 'er done!

What is a c32?

gfrg88
01-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I say if you can't do it yourself, you don't deserve to have it anyway...so stop typing on the computer and DO IT! ..lol

yeah i agree, i think theres really no point in getting all kinds of parts on your car if you dont install none of it, the whole point of being into cars is YOU actually working on it, unless its something you really cant do like boring out a block or something :rockon:

my86dx4dr
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
hell yeah..get 'er done!
What is a c32?
c32a is out of a 91-95 Legend, its the 3.2l v6:eek5:

Accordtheory
01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
c32a is out of a 91-95 Legend, its the 3.2l v6:eek5:
You put that in a civic?? Oh shit, I have to see that..:)
The question still remains though..why do it?? Just as an exercise in engineering?

my86dx4dr
01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
The question still remains though..why do it?? Just as an exercise in engineering?
I didnt do it, But it was on ebay, it was also rear wheel drive:wave:

snoopyloopy
01-30-2006, 07:11 PM
a 3g lude has a B20A5, and that motor and its mounting points are no way similar or close to our A20s. So yeah, H22 is better left alone.
nonetheless, they still have to fabricate custom mounts for their cars. i was more talking of general layout and size of the engine bay, though.
but as has been said before, it's all based on how much money you want to put into it. and for half the price, you can drop in an engine that gets similar numbers with much more ease. which is why it isn't done.

rick_spiff
02-04-2006, 12:39 AM
FYI, just got my welding machine.
Once I wire up an outlet to power it, I can fab up the front crossbar and get the b**** properly bolted in.
So, for those that ARE NOT FOLLOWING, to put an H22 in a 3g, you will need to fab up a new crossmember and cut out the torque bar reinforcement on the firewall. Then you get to re-route the brake lines slightly, and puzzle over how to get p/s back on there. A/C is a breeze compared to designing new mounts.
Of course, once you've mastered those little issues, then you get to work up a cable/hydro conversion. So far, this is the TOUGHEST part of the swap. Although it's been like three years in the making, once I do get something together that will let me actually operate the clutch, I'll explain how it was put together, post pictures, plans, and what have you.
BUT FIRST...
50A service to a NEMA weather-protected plug.
p.s. Any good recommendations for replacement suspension bushings (the soft bits)? I don't want something that will have my teeth banging together every time I roll over a piece of twine.

88Accord-DX
02-04-2006, 04:56 AM
^^^^^^ Interesting.

Legend_master
02-04-2006, 03:25 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/v6civic4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/v6civic1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/v6civic.jpg

Accordtheory
02-04-2006, 08:29 PM
to put an H22 in a 3g, you will need to fab up a new crossmember and cut out the torque bar reinforcement on the firewall. Then you get to re-route the brake lines slightly, and puzzle over how to get p/s back on there.

Why? Does the back of the tranny hit the crossmember? What does the back mount look like?

getready
02-05-2006, 06:57 AM
v6 civic is interesting.. did he get the hp gains he expected? how much does that motor weigh?

KoNEY
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Um, I remember there being a thread arond here not too long ago of a 3G at a tuner shop with the h-double-deuce under the hood...never heard from it again...but yeah, in a 3rd Gen, I'd forget the H- it'll probably do like a Civic and make your 3G nose heavy, and fuck up the handling. Considering the size of a 3rd gen and all the custom work for that motor, I'd go B-series. However, I hate B-series, in my opinion, they are crap engines with lame excuses for torque. I'd take an H22 over B-series anyday, just not in a 3G...but neither got anything on what you see in the sig....Turbo F22 PWA y0!

Legend_master
02-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Um, I remember there being a thread arond here not too long ago of a 3G at a tuner shop with the h-double-deuce under the hood...never heard from it again...but yeah, in a 3rd Gen, I'd forget the H- it'll probably do like a Civic and make your 3G nose heavy, and fuck up the handling. Considering the size of a 3rd gen and all the custom work for that motor, I'd go B-series. However, I hate B-series, in my opinion, they are crap engines with lame excuses for torque. I'd take an H22 over B-series anyday, just not in a 3G...but neither got anything on what you see in the sig....Turbo F22 PWA y0!

Honestly that is a very ignorant statement. The b-series work great in a car that doesnt weigh anything. Your CB might need an h-series or f, because it is the fat boy of the Honda car line, but I have run a 92 h22 powered accord with my new motor and there wasn't much of a race there. He definitely had me off the line, but as soon as my tires hooked up and his HP fell of i pulled on him like a motherfucker.

P.S. 2.0L b-series make some ridiculuos power, check out wicked accords car thread.

KoNEY
02-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Honestly that is a very ignorant statement. The b-series work great in a car that doesnt weigh anything. Your CB might need an h-series or f, because it is the fat boy of the Honda car line, but I have run a 92 h22 powered accord with my new motor and there wasn't much of a race there. He definitely had me off the line, but as soon as my tires hooked up and his HP fell of i pulled on him like a motherfucker.
P.S. 2.0L b-series make some ridiculuos power, check out wicked accords car thread.
Nah, I never said anything regarding my CB, except that Ilove them, and I got it partially because of H22/23 capability. I know better than to even think of CB chassis+Bseries motor. I said B-series for 3rd gen would be kool, but I just don't like B-series persoanlly. You gotta do a lot to get 250 wtq out of a B18 with turbo, F22 just pop on a 16G and tune the hell out of it. I personally like displacement over high revs and torque #'s like 132 out of a $3,000 motor (B18C) Bottom line is B20/Vtec with turbo is good...F23/H22 head with turbo is better....I'm an F/H man and I klown on B-series. I've owned a few and they were all just temporary while I was building something on the CB...I'm not ignorant, just opinionated, and I don't like them. ainly because of Civic owners attitudes to their "almighty best engine series in the world"...yet I klown on B-series Civics. I'll keep it Accord always, '89 on down might get a B-series, '90 up gets H/F turbo....

Legend_master
02-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Nah, I never said anything regarding my CB, except that Ilove them, and I got it partially because of H22/23 capability. I know better than to even think of CB chassis+Bseries motor. I said B-series for 3rd gen would be kool, but I just don't like B-series persoanlly. You gotta do a lot to get 250 wtq out of a B18 with turbo, F22 just pop on a 16G and tune the hell out of it. I personally like displacement over high revs and torque #'s like 132 out of a $3,000 motor (B18C) Bottom line is B20/Vtec with turbo is good...F23/H22 head with turbo is better....I'm an F/H man and I klown on B-series. I've owned a few and they were all just temporary while I was building something on the CB...I'm not ignorant, just opinionated, and I don't like them. ainly because of Civic owners attitudes to their "almighty best engine series in the world"...yet I klown on B-series Civics. I'll keep it Accord always, '89 on down might get a B-series, '90 up gets H/F turbo....

I am not trying to dog on you or anything, it's just that all the k-series guy talk shit to all the other, same with the h-series, same with the b-series. As long as you use the right motor in the right application, you can get the proper results. We all drive Hondas and that all that should matter :wave: .

gfrg88
02-06-2006, 06:54 PM
and me the A-series guy talks shit about all the others out ther :rofl:

TheWatcher
02-06-2006, 07:23 PM

Werd. :thumbup:

The picture is taken in a jy??? :rofl:

Not to mention that there isn't any axles available. :lol:

And that axles in H22 civics snap all the time. :lol:

It's a pipe dream, and that newbie who tried the swap was pwned. :lol:

Peace.

TheWatcher
02-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Probably because its expensive and overrated.
Have you ever seen a H22 in another car? Its a lot beefier than an A20.
Shit in my friends Civic he can't even run PS or AC because there is not room. And the only reason the header clears the radiator is because its a fucked up half a radiator theat a Civic has, but he has a fluidyne so its all good. Oh yea he paid $2500 just for the installation on top of $2,500 for the engine and tranny then there was another $3,000 in shit like the suspension so it could hold up to the engine. So his H22 swap cost $8000 on top of the cost of the car.
Do yoself a big favor and turbo the bitch. Spend $4,000 on your car and have it be faster than a H22.
Werd. :thumbup:

ty for quantifying it, $8K.

h22=187.

Peace.