PDA

View Full Version : Lighted wind screen ideas

Blkblurr
02-22-2004, 08:12 AM
I made a lighted wind screen for my S2000 and wanted to make one for my 6gen accord as well as my 3gen if the 6gen works out well. I have included a pic of the one made for my S. It's lighed with LED's and turns red when the brake is applied. I can make them light up in almost any color. What I would like are some ideas on the artwork or graphics that would be cool for accords. Any ideas. I build these in my shop at home. The idea is to put them in the rear window at the top or bottom.

lightbulblxi
02-22-2004, 01:06 PM
where is that at on the car?

gekko
02-22-2004, 01:16 PM
The idea is to put them in the rear window at the top or bottom.

that says it all , it looks really nice i think ..
what do u think it would cost to make them ??
could i for example get one where it says AeRodeck ?

Blkblurr
02-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I have made them for others. The cost really depends on the graphics that I etch in the lexan. The least expensive is $100 because of the labor but they are really cool once you see them. This one is the wind screen between the seats of my s2000. The car came with a stock wind screen that had no etchings or lights. I have included a better pic that should help you see where it is.

HostileJava
02-23-2004, 06:50 AM
I'm still kinda confused, when you say windscreen do u mean the back glass in the car itself or somthing in addtion to that?

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-23-2004, 08:26 AM
wow, when you first said it was a lit up wind screen i thought it would be something stupid. i was thinking a neon shining across the glass. dude, that is really sweet. how long have you been doing it? i've never seen anybody do that before. that would be sweet for show cars as well.

Blkblurr
02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
The wind screen I am talking about is for my S2000. It helps stop wind from blowing around in the car when the top's down. For other cars you would be able to see it through your rear window. It would act as a brake light as well but isn't bright enough to be legal as a brake light during the day. It can be as big as the width of the window and have any graphics on it. I've been making them for about a year.

Defiant[YD]
02-23-2004, 03:02 PM
wouldn't u have a problem with the rear defrosters? cuz ur S2K doesn't have a defroster for that screen.

Defiant[YD]
02-23-2004, 03:03 PM
wait, unless ur talking about using another piece of lexan and sketching it on there and then putting it behind ur rear window.
ah, i understand now, i'll shuddap now.

Blkblurr
02-23-2004, 06:29 PM
You got it, Since it's transparent, you can see through it. I have made some that use ultraviolet led's (black Lights) that will make fluorescent paint glow. Not for everyone but looks cool. The etchings are white during the day and glow what ever color the led's are at night. Once I get the one made for my 6gen or 3gen I will post pics of it and if anyone wants one they can pm me with what they would like as a graphic and what car it will go in. I will be able to give a price once I know these things. They are easy to install because I include a wiring harness and a control box that the light unplugs from so you can thread the wire into the trunk to connect it to the small control box and then wire it to your brake lights and running or tail lights.

gekko
02-24-2004, 01:42 AM
how would that work trough a tinted window ?

Blkblurr
02-24-2004, 04:15 AM
It works fine. What is your percentage of tint?

gekko
02-25-2004, 07:24 AM
could u make this on lexan , i'm going to repaint my car and this would then be painted over and be cool to have in my window ?
and i'mgoing to retint my windows .. don't sure what % to use

Blkblurr
02-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Yea, That would be easy to make. When your ready send me a pm to let me know how big you want it and I'll nees some measurements and pics of the rear window area. I tried a lighted panel on a car with 3o % tint and it worked fine.

Defiant[YD]
02-26-2004, 02:39 PM
hey, i was thinking something along the same lines as gekko.
u know how the 4th generation civic HB's have that center piece between the tailights?
could u like, make it so that the "civic" sign in the middle lights up? how much would u charge for something that would bolt right on directly?
i don't wanna commit to anything yet cuz i gotta see if i have enuff money. especially since i'm up here in canada.

Blkblurr
03-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Probably can do it. Send me a pic of the rear of your car and I can get an idea of what you want.

EvilPenciler
03-02-2004, 07:08 PM
can I ask what a wind screen is I'm a bit confused as to what it is and how it works :/

HondaBoy
03-02-2004, 09:34 PM
i think the correct term is wind buffetor, or just wind buffet. i think thats what they called it. anyway, windscreen is your windshield in front. well aside from that, sounds like something i would do. that is too cool. got any more pix of other stuff like that?

Blkblurr
03-03-2004, 06:39 AM
I haven't taken any more pics of the ones I made earlier but will take pics of the ones I'm doing now. In the world of S2000 owners it's called a wind screen. I know in Europe they call the wind shield a wind screen.