PDA

View Full Version : Can I widen the stock intake hole???

Chrome_thangs
07-08-2002, 07:09 PM
I was looking at the stock intakes hole and it's like the size of one of thoose smiley faces :)

Could i widen that little ass hole for better performance? In theory it sounds possible, but will i mess anything up?

88LXi68
07-08-2002, 07:40 PM
yea it is called porting the throttle body. You can have a machine shop do it.

1988starter
07-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Yea I was the first to do that about 1.5 yrs ago but here is my silly how to I made it all open and never regretted it.
pipe (http://www.geocities.com/midias2/pipe.html)

Chrome_thangs
07-09-2002, 10:31 AM
No, i'm talking about the one in you wheel well right behind the bumper. If i widen that hole will it give more performance?

n88accordLX-i
07-09-2002, 10:36 AM
what the fuck are you talking about?

TeKKnoTeKK
07-09-2002, 11:15 AM
well it may help some, but with with the stock intake setup there's not a lot more you can do with it. If you put on an aftermarket CAI it would definetly help and you would see some gains.

Hoshizakido
07-09-2002, 01:26 PM
the hole under the place where your battery should be is that the one

B20A Speed
07-09-2002, 05:44 PM
I just took the whole piping out. Haven't had the cash to get an aftermarket intake yet. Iv'e removed all of the intake piping to let the engine stuck straight into the stock box filter. As it is the air isn't as cool as I would like but im going to do a cold airbox just extended from the box a little. I noticed the engine breathing alot easier and a noticible increase on takeoff. That and a lot throatier intake sound. Took pretty much no effort, freed up a little room in the engine bay and didn't cost me a cent.
Anything you can do to open up the breathing a bit will help. Although by just making the hole bigger will help but the engine still has to suck all the way from in the guard. If you can mount a scoop (cup) at the bottom of the front lip, funneling the incoming air into the intake would be a great improvement. The faster you go the more air is forced into the intake.
:smokin: