PDA

View Full Version : EQ needed

Sabz5150
02-22-2004, 04:00 PM
I've had some trouble finding an EQ for my car that'll fit my needs. I'm looking for an equalizer that has your standard left/right inputs, but ONLY has one set of left/right outputs. No front and rear, no subwoofer. Just one pair in, one pair out. The reason that I need something like this is because my processor handles the front/rear/sub/center and crossover work.

Any suggestions?

shepherd79
02-22-2004, 06:26 PM
what kind processor do you have?
it is hard to find good EQ with only one output this days. i was lucky enought last summer to find old Alpine EQ with one input and two outputs (front/rear).

Sabz5150
02-22-2004, 09:25 PM
what kind processor do you have?
it is hard to find good EQ with only one output this days. i was lucky enought last summer to find old Alpine EQ with one input and two outputs (front/rear).

A 5.1 processor. I'm looking for an EQ to go on the analog side. I can go from the HU's preouts to the EQ to the analog side of the processor. The digital side takes care of itself.

I can alter the circle surround with an EQ, since it doesn't sound perfect with all music.

Mike89Accordcom
02-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Damn I got a Phoenix Gold EQ for sale, but it's not what your looking for. It's the one I had in my Accord.

shepherd79
02-23-2004, 05:33 AM
Doesn't the processor has EQ build in?
i am sure any old style EQ will do just find. just use front outputs.

Sabz5150
02-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Doesn't the processor has EQ build in?
i am sure any old style EQ will do just find. just use front outputs.

Nope, the processor strictly handles surround sound. There is no built in equalizer. The problem with using a normal EQ is that it has a built in crossover seperating the fronts and rears from the subwoofer output. If I were to use only the fronts, the low frequencies for my subwoofer would never make it to the processor, and I'd basically lose my subwoofer channel.

That's why I'm looking for a basic EQ with no crossovers, faders, balancers or any of the other fancy doo-dads you get on EQ's these days.

carotman
02-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Well, the OEM EQ has low impedance inputs/outputs and has only 2 channels.

Maybe you can manage to find one..

dXsquared
02-26-2004, 07:25 PM
will this work???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079720217&category=3290

Travis

dXsquared
02-29-2004, 09:09 AM
aww... too bad you missed the auction.. you should check your threads more often

Travis