PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating Speedometer or Other Gauges?

HondaBoy
02-22-2004, 06:17 PM
ok, i had some free time on hands. i had those gauges printed out from Paul, but i think my printer made em too big or something. maybe too small, but i decided not to leave them on for now. i bumped the speedometer needle and then it was knocked off where it was supposted to be. so i've been trying for a bit to get it set back to how its supposed to be. im not sure if its back at the right spot because people that i tried to go the same speed as was all the time different. can someone tell me where the needle should sit when it is not moving? im not sure if its supposed to be at the first line or slightly below. anyone know? maybe i should try looking at a picture of a the gauges?

MrBen
02-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Mine sits right at the line.

HondaBoy
02-22-2004, 08:21 PM
ok, i set it at the line. truthfully, i think its all in my head that im going slower than it reads. anyway, seems to be alright, but cant be sure until i do some more testing. anymore suggestions or other questions? i guess i will stick with the stock gauges for a while. and why wont the 88-89 gauges work with the 86-87? they cant be too much different right?

MrBen
02-22-2004, 08:24 PM
The guages do work in 86 87

Oh yeah, if you want an accurate speed, go out and buy a GPS and see how fast you're really going in your car. My car is 5 mph slower than it reads. Most cars are about 3 mph off.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
the difference between the 86-87 guages and the 88-89 versions is in the fuel/temperature gauge. the 86-87 has outward pointing needles, while the 88-89 has inward pointing needles.

AZmike
02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
The guages do work in 86 87

Oh yeah, if you want an accurate speed, go out and buy a GPS and see how fast you're really going in your car. My car is 5 mph slower than it reads. Most cars are about 3 mph off.

I did the same thing. Mine read exactly 10% at all speeds. So to go 65 I make the gauge show 72. I'm surprised more people haven't done it. It only takes a few minutes of driving to figure out how accurate it is.

goldadition
02-23-2004, 08:11 PM
yeah when i did my guage swap my car was 4 mph off using gps. and since i bumped it when i was putting it back together it goes was down past the line. so because of that it reads 15 mph over with my stock wheels 20mph with my summer wheels.