PDA

View Full Version : NEED Clear easy to read Vacuum diragrams for 89 accord lx..

Dutchboy
07-08-2002, 08:26 PM
WEll according to my chilton manual (cant read the diagram to well)) MY CAR IS SCREWeD!!
My car has a problem with revving up in between shifts,,but this only happens after the car is warm... and i though it might be the throttle controler,,,well for starters im not sure which one it is...on the left facing the carb or the diaphram on the right???The maual isnt clear about this....and the diaphram on the right bottom..by the acceleartor pump thing,,isnt even hooked to a line that would make vacuum but to a closed off one..

Just need to know if my vacuums are all screwed up and if I could be right on the throttle controlleer..or is it my carb in need of a rebuild???

Thanks in advance...I need to fix this before the end of the month...going on a road trip..

Oh also the power boost thing that forces air into the exhaust at high throttle.. the solenoid is stuck open so i disconected it..Will this affect performance at all.????

Ben

DanG86LX
07-09-2002, 02:25 PM
For throttle controller check here:
http://87accord.com/carbpage.html
Right side of carb view: "K"
Front side of carb view: "A"
On "Instruction sheet" view: #14 - right - viewed from behind
For some reason, Doug labeled it as "Idle Control Diaphragm" but actually it is the "Throttle Controller". My Accord (86LX) is routed like this:
{intake manif.}==[6]=={check valve}==[6]=={throttle controller diafr}

Anyway I'm not sure what you mean by "problem with revving up in between shifts" ? It might be a "throttle value" (TV) linkage problem.. the cable going to the tranny. If so go here:
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=724

Your last Q was "power boost thing" which I believe is the air suction diaphragm, the one between cam & valve cover and carb. This one is always open during normal engine operation and helps reduce pollution..If it is stuck open I think doesn't matter; but if it is faulty it does. Make sure you don't get exhaust inside air cleaner housing.

DanG

Dutchboy
07-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Well thanks for the info....i see that the other diaphram i was thinking about was the boost for a a/c. and the origanal one i thought it was was right....

THe revving inbetween shifts is...WEll mine is manual..5 speed...Once the car is pretty welll or at normal operting temperature it tends to rev up a few hundred inbetween shifts beforwe dropping with the clutch in.....
Ok say im at 3000rpm and i let of gas and hit clutch farily quick...it will go to say around 3300rpm and then drop....so when i shift at high rpm it jumps higher yet when shifting..Believe me I DOnt have my food on the gas and it only does it when it is warmed up...I can trick it by letting off the gas for a few seconds before shifting and then it wont do it all the time...thats what i mean by reving up...Should i replace the check vavle or the soleniod >?????/ i have to replace one already any how...on the air injection system...
THaats the next thing i meant....i wrote this the first time without my manual handy so i went off memory..Bad if you tell me:huh:
Anyway i meant the AIR INJECTION SYSTEM...it says it alows air into the eahxaust at some point to burn the hydrocarons..yayay anyway the solenoid is faulty so ill replace that ..no big deal i guess ...seems to run fine i guess other than the occasional days it decides to crap out and almost stall ,.

long post i know....but i had to explain myself so...

IF anyone has a clear diargram of the vacuum lines for an
89 lx, carbed, manual tranny....it would be appreciated...

I have a haynes manual but the fricken numbers and letters are so small scrunched together i and anyone else cant read them...

Thanks again
Ben.

POS carb
07-09-2002, 09:18 PM
NEED Clear easy to read Vacuum diragrams for 89 accord lx..

hahahahahaha that's like saying I want cold molten lava, there is nothing clear about it.

lol

anyway, if you insist that I be serious then let me clear something up, if the valves are stuck open the car WILL NOT IDLE AT ALL
brbr

Dutchboy
07-09-2002, 09:45 PM
All i want to know is anyone has scans of the vaccuum diargrams for an 89 lx with a manual tranny!!!

My manual is shit...i cant follow the vacuum diagrams because it is all smudged and crambed on a half page in the manual...

My car runs like shit once it is warmed up...and likes to piss me off.

If anyone has them please send them to me or post them...Ill figure out the other crap myself. but it is probably carb related.

ben

DanG86LX
07-10-2002, 09:00 AM
I haven't seen many vacuum diagrams on the web, let alone Honda's. Actually there is one but is 87LX here: http://www.angelfire.com/sd/bryhig/honda/vacdiag.html
after all it may not be that much different from yours and you may compare them.

:rant: I may have another shot to your problem here: there are two clues in your "reving up in between shifts" : when engine is already warm and > 3000rpms. They both happen when secondary throttle comes into action and starts opening. Look at this 87LX vacdiag.html: the secondary throttle is open by {venturis_vacuum}==[28]=={sec.diaphragm}==[28]=={#4,thermovalve_C}==[17]=={air filter}
After warmup, the thermovalve is shut and vacuum from venturis reaches the diaphragm. On the other hand there is a mechanical interlock between primary and secondary throttles so the later would not open at lower rpms (say under 2800rpms).

If there is a problem with your secondary throttle diaphragm (not responding as quickly), the easiest way to check it is to unplug the line [28] from it (and plug the line with a screw) and take the car for a spin, albeit the car may not be as powerful as before cuz secondary bore is disabled.
Hope that might help.

DanG

POS carb
07-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DanG86LX
On the other hand there is a mechanical interlock between primary and secondary throttles so the later would not open at lower rpms (say under 2800rpms).

Actually it's to keep the secondary from opening unless your are under about 3/4 throttle (fuel efficiency)

As for the secondary you kinda sparked a theory, you could have accidentaly hooked up the #17 system to a vacuum source, it shouldn't have any suction at idle, check. Secondary vacuum operation gets the vacuum signal from ABOVE the throttle plates and therefore don't get vacuum when the throttle is shut.

Dutchboy
07-10-2002, 12:45 PM
Thanks alot guys....I will check that....it just is geting really frustrating since i changed almost all ignition and fuel parts and it still runs just as bad...

it seems to do it often but sometimes works fine so ill go over the whole vaccum system...

BEn:beer:

DanG86LX
07-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by POS carb

... you could have accidentaly hooked up the #17 system to a vacuum source, it shouldn't have any suction at idle, check. ..

Q to POS carb: :stick:
Just tell me, is vacuum on [25] on your car when engine is warm ?

doug
07-10-2002, 03:28 PM
DanG86LX,
Thanks for the corrections. Webpage is updated.

POS carb
07-11-2002, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by DanG86LX

Q to POS carb: :stick:
Just tell me, is vacuum on [25] on your car when engine is warm ?

that's a lot of vacuum, where'd you hook it up to... i get 21, used to only get around 16in

POS carb
07-11-2002, 06:03 AM
o my bad, youmean the number 25 line, i thought u meant you hooked up a gauge and it said 25 in of vacuum.
refresh my memory, where is number 25

DanG86LX
07-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Outer diaphragm at vacuum timing advance:
{air-filter}==[17]=={thermo_valve}==[25]=={ignition vacuum advance}

You stated earlier "...the #17 system..., it shouldn't have any suction at idle ".
Well on my car there is suction at #17 but I suspect somebody along years mess up with vacuum lines (Hey, my Accord had seen only Honda Service).
So I need a honest answer, if you've ever done your car timing you know if line #25 has vacuum or not. Just curios. :smokin:

dj99
07-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Jumping in here! :p We just discussed this in another thread.

The #2 at vac. advance has vacuum all the time, and the #25 outer hose at the vac. advance has vacuum while cold until coolant temp 50C/122F.

So the answer is yes/no for vacuum at idle! :p

POS carb
07-26-2002, 12:50 PM
you mean the secondary advance? that's supposed to have vacuum only when the motor is cold but my thermovalves are all broken/bypassed, had to do some vodoo shit on the vacuum system so nothing much is what it used to be so i get constant vacuum advance in my car.