PDA

View Full Version : msd blaster 2 lightining (awsome)

johnwc723
02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
well back when i had my stock coil i sometimes when i was working in the engine bay i would pull the plug outa the coil to stop the car and it was no problem

well i did this with my new msd blaster 2 and holy shit, sparks arched all the way outta the plastic barallel and onto the metal of the + and - terminals, one then the other as the motor came to a stop, luckily i didnt mess it up but it was quite impressive, if you are boored and and want your own thunderstorm in your car, give it a try!

that goes to show all you people that say "non-stock coils dont supply more voltage" whos boss

bobafett
02-24-2004, 08:07 PM
wow thats actually a really great idea. i cant wait to try it

k-roy
02-24-2004, 08:15 PM
that goes to show all you people that say "non-stock coils dont supply more voltage" whos boss

Fuckin A right.
People like that are too much of a pussy or too cheap to buy the good stuff.
"Get an OE muffler, thats what it was desinged for and thats good enough for me"

Pulling the wire sounds like an interesting idea, im kinda scared to do it. I hate getting zapped.

dXsquared
02-24-2004, 08:23 PM
we do that at work... to see if all cylenders are firing... use a plug wire puller tho

lol

Travis

johnwc723
02-24-2004, 08:55 PM
hehe, you shouldnt get shocked unless you are touching the chasis or are in the way of the spark, hehe doooo itt...!

Mystic1
02-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Wait untill the conditions are wrong and you'll fly across your shop. Seen it happen once with a v-8 Buick. The dude flew about 7 feet and landed head first in to a rolling tool box.

PhydeauX
02-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Touch it, touch it, heh heh, that would be cool..

I've been zapped by those things more times then I'd like to remember. Mostly has to do with using cheap plug wires and they way the 2g hood flips forward so you're forced to lean over the fender to pull them off. The first time is fun, but then you get a head ache.

RustyHo88
02-25-2004, 07:25 AM
When i was adjusting the carb on my sisters 83 accord once, the coil wire shocked me really bad. I had little burns on the underside of my arm; but I wasnt trying to touch the wire. Needless to say, I got some new spark plug wires for her car that same week.

erics86dx
02-25-2004, 12:21 PM
sounds fun but im not gonna try it

lightbulblxi
02-25-2004, 05:43 PM
can u light a cigarette with the spark? try it!

300700'88lx-i
02-25-2004, 05:58 PM
I have an MSD Blaster SS coil, and one day, the wire going from the coil to the distributor came off at the coil, but I didn't notice right away cause the car ran fine. There was a spark jumping from the coil to the wire, and the car still ran just fine. The only reason I found out the wire had come off was cause it was making a clicking sound, and I went looking for what it was, I noticed that there was a fat spark jumping from the coil to the disconnected wire.

johnwc723
02-26-2004, 10:27 AM
yeah its cool when that happens, you can pull of spark plug wires form off the spark plug and it jumps quite a bit, someone was complaining of engine knocking and i was like uhh htats your spark plug spark jumping... rediclous... i havent been shocked by the blaster yet but i did get shocked by the stock one, didnt really hurt just scared the shit outta me... dooooooitttt, somone with a video camera should tape it, i would do it again but im afraid its bad for it or something