PDA

View Full Version : Serious Problems Today!!!!!!!!!

sccrsteve5
02-24-2004, 02:37 PM
ALRIGHT well, today i get in my car and start it up...put my seatbelt on and it sputtered and died...no biggie happened before...start it again and put it in drive move a foot and it dies...so i start it up again and rev it and we're off...i noticed i wasn't acceling in the parking lot..i get onto the road and i am having trouble reaching 20...i was like shizzle...then i get to the stop light and the light turns green...it felt like i was pushing a wall with my foot...the pedal barely went anywhere and i VERY slowly acceled to 20 then i dropped to D3 and it went a lil better and then to D2 and i reached 30...thats the fastest i went the whole way home....took me 8-10 minutes when it usually takes like 4-5...i was pissed and still am....i need help NOW! thanks

sccrsteve5
02-24-2004, 02:51 PM
OK well...I left the hood open for a few minutes...jiggled the spark plug wires a lil...revved a little bit in P and N and then took her out for a ride...she ran fine...better than normal...could this all have been like something inside frozen? it was cold and rainy today and the temp guage never showed it reaching the C...it was always below that...so i hope that was it or else it got the one-ride flu or there is something really wrong with it when it wants to be wrong

myaccord7
02-24-2004, 02:55 PM
loose wire or water in the cap. thats what i would guess.

good luck

zach :tongue:

k-roy
02-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Yea it sounds like something loose.
You should let it warm up a little bit before running it. Carbureated cars can be a little bitchy when it comes to temp, barometric pressure and humidity.

sccrsteve5
02-24-2004, 03:03 PM
hard to get it started running from underground during school :tongue:

1988starter
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
I would change your plugs wires cap and rotor

BootMachine
02-25-2004, 10:34 AM
When this happened....what was the sound of the combustion like? Normal.....or misfire?

sccrsteve5
02-25-2004, 08:33 PM
normal combustion...oh and did i mention it was cold and rainy...my mom(yeah my mom) said it could have been the fuel filter....ah i dunno