PDA

View Full Version : Horn and Cruise Control

Whitehonda
02-24-2004, 07:21 PM
I ran into a wierd problem the other day. I was getting some stuff out of my car, when my horn all of a sudden just went off! It wouldn't turn off, so I disconnected the battery, and it stopped.. not to work again, along with my cruise control.

I checked the fuses and the Crusie Control (20A) one was blown, I replaced it and then checked my horn wires, one was broken..and possibly shorting. I fixed that and now my horn and cruise control still won't work!?!!? :help:

All the other fuses are in good shape.

Any Ideas??

Cameron

RustyHo88
02-24-2004, 07:57 PM
I know that the cruise will not work if the horns do not work; whether wires are bad or the horns themselves are bad. Test the horns; the short may have killed one or both of them. if they still work fine, then re-check all your fuses. If still no luck... it might be time to start tracing some wires.

Whitehonda
02-24-2004, 08:49 PM
If I unplug the horns would that make any difference?

I am sure that one wire was pretty corroded, and probibly the cause of the short. I removed/repaired it and got nothing, all the fuses are still good too...

Cameron

Moodybluesr
02-25-2004, 12:30 AM
The path for the cruise control actuation goes through the horn circuit. So if your hors aren't operational (or disconnected) your cruise will not work. Check to make sure the horns didn't blow when they shorted out maybe?

Whitehonda
02-25-2004, 07:54 AM
I bet that is it then, I did have a front end collision with the ditch last summer, and I rebuilt the front end.

After that the horns sounded like someone neutered them, and they probibly just got depressed and died!

Thanks!
Cameron