PDA

View Full Version : installing inverse gauges

aCCo[R]D
02-25-2004, 01:03 PM
i received my inverse gauges yesterday and i wanted to install them my self but i cant take out the cover. i took the two screws on top of the dash but the gauge cover wont come out any help? :help:

lightbulblxi
02-25-2004, 01:46 PM
behindthe mirror butto, the dimmer pod, and in the blnk hole. take out those, then there are 4 screws holding in the other cover.

shepherd79
02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
remove all the buttons around the gauges. you will see screws.
remove them.
remove 4 screws holding the gauges itself.
pull it out slowly, reach behind and diconnect the speedo cable.
after that unhook all the wires.
open the front part of the gauges.
DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!!
you can slide the gauges over the needles. i have done it, and so many other members done it.
to keep the fuel/temp gauge in place use some kind glue. i bought fast drying apoxy. it has 5 minutes set time. it will give you enought time to get the gauge in place.

to light the gauges when you turn headlight switch you will have to splice into dimmer switch (it is the one that you can adjust the brightness of you stock gauges). the wire you need is RED WITH BLACK STRIPE. connect to that, and conect the ground and you are ready to go.

ohhh, make sure you remove some original bulbs or it will look like crap when they turn on.

johnwc723
02-25-2004, 04:26 PM
i had to remove the needles for some reason, mine would not fit over it, i tried and tried but the holes were too small even after cutting off some of the gauge and the back of the needle, then when i got it in the guage rubbed up against the needle causing it to not move

if you run into those problems you shoudl remove the needles, i did mess up my fuel gauge needle in the process tho ... :(