PDA

View Full Version : Look what i Just Bought

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Sweet :bow: http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/36/17/9d_1.JPG

RobT5580
02-25-2004, 02:32 PM
I know there was a post about how they connect to the rear trailing arm has this been resolved?

jigga225
02-25-2004, 02:35 PM
i dont see how that would work
is that a rear control arm? looks like it's for a 6G
I'm not sure though.
and o yah, that's not an accord Pic

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-25-2004, 02:39 PM
It for a 3g 86-89 HONDA ACCORD REAR GENUINE CAMBER KIT -2/+3 CAMBER

jigga225
02-25-2004, 09:51 PM
oh i see how it could work now.
But you know you couldve used the washers.. they were like Um $3.00 to fix my camber.
but suit yourself

SteveDX89
02-26-2004, 03:57 AM
You have to go to your auto parts store and buy the ball joint and press it in. I was going to do that but I got the whole upper rear control arm for less than a ball joint costs. I decided to use washers for my camber. It will be better for handling because I don't have the chance of the adjustable part slipping. I bought 22 washers to make sure I had enough. I need some for the front when I put my Prelude arms back on. I didn't use enough the first time and they rock back and forth. Those 22 washers and 4 bolts for the control arm in the rear cost a little less than 6 bucks.

nswst8
02-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Let me know how you like them, I was concerned about weld at the balljoint ring, these are the Ingal's right $117.99 @ Ebay. I know the shadetree washer trick but hey if you have some extra cash its okay to pick up some after market parts.
Good investment if they do what they claim with no problems.
Keep us posted as to how you like them.
Phil :cheers:

Vinny
02-26-2004, 05:36 AM
I paid 40 bucks for both the front and rear ingals kits on ebay last year, that reminds me I need to put them on someday LOL

Mattphi
02-27-2004, 09:07 PM
whats the deal with this washer thing??

Rendon LX-i
02-27-2004, 09:41 PM
the washer trick is what im doing. all it is u take off the to bolts on your upper control arm and get a longer stud and just get a bunch of washer. and keep putting washers in tell your camber is correct. i have to mine soon. cuz my shit like this / \

Mattphi
02-27-2004, 10:34 PM
is that shit safe? Will it hurt anything? Or would i be better off goin and buyin a camber kit?

smufguy
02-28-2004, 05:19 AM
oh i see how it could work now.
But you know you couldve used the washers.. they were like Um $3.00 to fix my camber.
but suit yourself

thats the best way so far i have ever seen after reading and article with the white civic. My rear camber is -1.5 so its not bacd.

But even with front 3rd gen control arm, my camber is still -2.2 on FR and -1.8 on FL. so it blows. seems like i have to take it down and do something to the holes.

Rendon LX-i
02-28-2004, 08:16 AM
yeah is safe MattPhi. alot of ppl on the board have this already. i mean why go spend 120 on a camber kit when u can do it for a big woopie 3 dollars.

Mattphi
02-28-2004, 09:42 AM
yeah is safe MattPhi. alot of ppl on the board have this already. i mean why go spend 120 on a camber kit when u can do it for a big woopie 3 dollars.

Thats really true...i am lowering my car tomorrow (cutting the springs for the time being) and i was worried about the camber. I cant afford to go out and get the kit right away so this is awsome. And cheaper. :bow:

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Let me know how you like them, I was concerned about weld at the balljoint ring, these are the Ingal's right $117.99 @ Ebay. I know the shadetree washer trick but hey if you have some extra cash its okay to pick up some after market parts.
Good investment if they do what they claim with no problems.
Keep us posted as to how you like them.
Phil :cheers:
You are right E bay when i get them if i don't like the welds i will have my friend redo them i let know how they work out. About the washer trick no thanks i do it the right way if something go's wrong and it Breaks and Wreck and someone get Hurt you can be in Deep $hit. I Think like this if the washer trick Breaks and you lose control and hit a car with kid's in it how would you feel all because it was Cheaper to use washer Just something to think about

jigga225
02-28-2004, 05:48 PM
man what the hell are you talking about.
The washer trick has as much chance as breaking as your stock suspension, cause its the same thing.
only talk DOWN on my shit if u know what you taklin bout

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-28-2004, 07:36 PM
man what the hell are you talking about.
The washer trick has as much chance as breaking as your stock suspension, cause its the same thing.
only talk DOWN on my shit if u know what you taklin bout
#1 Where in my reply does it say your Name IF you LOOK it Don't #2 It not only your idea for the washer trick #3 AFC certified My job call for it #4 I have the Right to State my opinion and if you don't like that's to bad that is what this Board all about to help each other and state there opinion on things #5 And if i was going to say some thing about you i would say it to YOU now go and calm Down.

smufguy
02-28-2004, 10:39 PM
the washer trick would work and is not a problem at all. The only problem is gonna be getting stainless steel washers and new bolts, Reusing the stock one already on there is not advised, you need a new longer one to accomodate the extra depth. You can also machine an insert if u wanna be fancy about it.

Besides, i dont see why this is gonna be any different. U use a camber kit to push the rear link out from the balljoint up, but this washer just pushes the whole unit up, from the base plate. So nothing is really wrong, its just like using prelude arms compared to the camber kits. :bandit: