PDA

View Full Version : Is This Normal (Carb Question)

it's paid for
02-25-2004, 06:42 PM
. . . looks cool . . . izzit dangerous or abnormal?

http://bwinsor.home.mindspring.com/honda/images/smokin_01.jpg

skull1441
02-25-2004, 07:08 PM
my carb does same thing ... the engine has to be been running for a few minutes then the steam/smoke whatever it is comes out when i turn the engine off ... i dunno why tho :dunno:

it's paid for
02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
. . . reminds me when I was young . . . a bong thing . . .

dXsquared
02-25-2004, 09:04 PM
lol.. same smoke.. looks like the inside of a chute...

yah its normal.. i guess... every carbed car ive seen or worked on does that... pop the choke plate and out comes smoke.. :bong:
Travis

it's paid for
02-25-2004, 09:57 PM
. . . guess the fuel injection people are envious . . . I doubt they'd ever see something like that . . .

accordlxi2.0
02-26-2004, 05:17 AM
this is one of the reason why i love fuel injection, that's fuel being evaporated but it's basiclly flooding.
if anyone has a lawn mower where you have to push a botton to prime, start it up but does'nt work and you prime again, that's the same effect.

A20A1
02-26-2004, 03:09 PM
A little bit of reversion maybe, I just hope thats fuel vapor and not coolant

k-roy
02-26-2004, 03:39 PM
It looks like it may be jetted a size or two too big. I would not worry about it if it runs fine.

BTW did you ever get your secondary working?

NXRacer
02-26-2004, 03:52 PM
i wouldnt say thats only carbs that do that. my coupe was doing that after i swaped the motor. .. . . . . :D

it's paid for
02-27-2004, 10:38 AM
real
It looks like it may be jetted a size or two too big. I would not worry about it if it runs fine.

Actually, this is what happened when my cam timing was off . . . yeah, it was flooding . . .

BTW did you ever get your secondary working?
No - and it's not a gigantic priority right now because it's running great and I'm guessing, the way it is might give me better gas mileage . . . besides . . . it'll run all day long at 80 mph with no problems . . . so . . . who needs the 2nd stage?

Actually, I think the 2nd stage "partially" opens up, just not all the way . . .

. . . I have designed a plate that'll attach to the carb cable linkage arm . . . the adapter plate will attach using two of the three holes in the linkage arm and put the hole for the zamtubula (the name I made up for the little bolt-like thing that clamps my throttle cable) down lower to the axis of rotation . . . that should open 'er up all the way . . . but . . . then, I'm thinking, perhaps this will make my accellerator pedal almost too "touchy" . . . if I get it just right, it'll be perfect . . . I have plans to manufacture the plate someday . . . and attach it . . .

. . . as is . . . the zamtubula seems really "wobbly" . . . was it supposed to just be held onto the linkage arm with just an "E" clip?

thanks,

IPF

A20A1
02-27-2004, 11:52 AM
zamtubula LMAO

Add somwe washers to one side of the "zamtubula" to keep it from moving around... but it should be slightly loose in order to spin when it needs to.

PhydeauX
02-27-2004, 12:47 PM
There should have been 2 washers in the kit for the cable anchor (if you ever need to buy a replacement thats what its actually called). Just drill a new hole for the anchor down lower on the arm for the anchor, no need to make a plate. On mine I needed to drill the hole right before it started to bend. Or you could just to the math and figure out how close to the center the hole needs to be. Dust off your old trig book from highschool, the amount of travel in the throttle cable is the arc lenght and the included angle is 90°, solve for the radius. See, that class everyone slept through was actually good for something ;)

andy

it's paid for
02-28-2004, 12:16 PM
cable anchor!!! yeah, that's it!!!

great idea to drill a bit lower on the linkage . . . all the spare parts for this care are down in georgia and I'm up here in KY . . . I guess I could go to AutoZone - or Home Depot - and pick up some washers to help stop the wiggle . . . great point to make sure it still spins . . . thanks guys!

. . . I still like zamtubula though . . . maybe I'll use that word for the next object I can't identify . . .