PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust manifold leak!

mattalica
02-25-2004, 07:13 PM
OK.I just had my exhaust done about 3 weeks ago and now my manifold is leaking.I put new nuts on it and when I tightened the lower right one it stripped!Not the stud but the block's thread.What is the easiest way to fix this problem?Do I need to tap a new hole or am screwed?If I need to tap one what size do I need?Thanks for any help,Matt

nswst8
02-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I think its pronounced that way, I'm not sure of the size but just take the nut to your local auto parts store and tell them its for a stud, Now correct me if I'm wrong but its the stud in the block that isn't tightening down right. After you fix the stripped hole make sure that it is the last to be torqued and even your torque pattern.
Hope this helps, LOL
Phil :cheers:

Neuspeed87lx
02-25-2004, 08:30 PM
so its not the stud or the nut but the threads in the block thats stripped ? .....if so ...i would just take the stud out of the block and tap the hole ..... throw a stud back in ....and tighen to specs .... then put the manifold back on .... then put the nut on .... again torque it to specs ... dont overtighen

shepherd79
02-26-2004, 04:29 AM
you can buy this stuff at autoparts store. it is like a paste. when you apply to your stud and screw it in it will make new threads. it is as storng as any metal. i don't remember what it is called.