PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect PGM/FI light

mattalica
02-25-2004, 09:13 PM
My question is a 2 parter.How can I disconnect the PGM/FI light?I think I read somewhere that it is the brown wire in the ECU.Is that right?Second will it make my car fail smog?I mean it is the EGR valve code and I have replaced it!Still the light comes on.If it comes on during a smog test I will automatically FAIL.So if the light is disconnected....Imean it is just a sensor not actually an emissions device?Right?Any help will be greatly appreciated.I know I should do it right,but,I only have til friday to fix the problem!Thanks ,Matt

shepherd79
02-26-2004, 04:19 AM
if you replaced the valve and the light still comes on, you need to replace the EGR control solenoid valve. it is located inside the black box.
you can open the box and replace it or you can replace the hole box.
i had the same problem when i got my new car. i changed the EGR valve 3 times, and i finally changed the black box and it fixed the problem.

did you actually replaced the valve or you just cleaned it?

if the valve is not working you won't be able to pass the emission test.

mattalica
02-26-2004, 06:17 AM
What is the black box and where is it located?Do you mean the box where all the vacuum lines go?thanks,Matt

shepherd79
02-26-2004, 06:33 AM
yeah that is the box.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-26-2004, 06:35 AM
i think its the black box on the passenger side fire wall with all the vacuum lines running to it, i think

cruznz
02-27-2004, 03:55 AM
I've also found the CSV to be at fault when EGR tested ok, as they tend to get dirt and particals in them making them leak at idle, and the ECU gets a wrong signal from EGR.
I also think whoever tests it may notice your CEL not come on when you first turn the ignition on

mattalica
02-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I've also found the CVC to be at fault when EGR tested ok, as they tend to get dirt and particals in them making them leak at idle, and the ECU gets a wrong signal from EGR.
I also think whoever tests it may notice your CEL not come on when you first turn the ignition on
WTH is a CVC and a CEL?

cruznz
02-29-2004, 09:14 PM
CVC is constant vacuum control,......but i meant to put CSV, Control solenoid valve....CEL is check engine light....have edited my last post