PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal ?

zerotap
02-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Ok I think I found some coil overs that may work. They are made by WeaponR. Price is 187.50. Good deal or not ?

Busted_Blue
02-26-2004, 12:25 AM
...be sure to get..some strong struts for those things...otherwise....you'll love the bunnyhopping.

SteveDX89
02-26-2004, 03:46 AM
That's a good deal for those. However, as Busted Blue said, you need shocks that can handle coilovers. You will absolutely need revalved Bilsteins. Even if you could still get Koni's, they'd probably need revalved too. Also, you'll need to worry about your camber and any broken or worn out suspension parts while you're in there. I'm lowering my car this weekend and in all honesty there's about $1000 worth of parts I'm putting on to do it.

zerotap
02-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Chit, cars allready lowered and I bought it that way, but the previous owners did a crappy job of it. So for now I may just get some stock struts and springs from a yard in good shape, or get some of the struts I mention later here and stick with stock springs till I can research this topic more. As for struts I am looking at KYB, Montroe Static Plus's, and MacPherson's (hope I spelled that right). Billstein's aren't gonna be till next year, cuz it'll cost a good $800 to buy em, have em revalved, and shipping and handling. This sucks, when they lowered that car they should've done it right.
What springs will work with monroe's or kyb's. I am doing this in a couple weeks so it's getting close to decision time. Looks like I am going to have to re-lower car next year when I can put the money needed on that project. I have been driving on a cheap ass lowering job (not by me) and it really does suck. For anyone else reading this and thinking of lowering their cars, spend the money, do not do it cheaply or you will regret it, trust me.

dXsquared
02-27-2004, 05:34 AM
you cant use KYB's or Tokico's or Monroes with anything but STOCK springs...

the best thing to do would be to get some LOWBOYZ at www.truckn-store.com

they will need some minor modifications, but its worth the 279 per pair

Travis

AZmike
02-27-2004, 10:33 AM
So for now I may just get some stock struts and springs from a yard in good shape, or get some of the struts I mention later here and stick with stock springs till I can research this topic more. As for struts I am looking at KYB, Montroe Static Plus's, and MacPherson's (hope I spelled that right).

MacPherson strut is a differnt type of suspension. It is not a brand of damper that we can use. Macpherson strut suspension systems use the damper and lower control arm to locate the wheel through the steering and suspension motions instead of the upper and lower control arms that we have.