PDA

View Full Version : 2 odd problems

blok2400
02-26-2004, 06:10 PM
well im comming back from the gym and my battery light comes on so i pull over to check the alternator and battery cables(got new alt about 2 months ago) i check the belt and its still spinning the wheel on the alt. So the light stays on till i get home. I go to restart the car and its idlig at 3 grand! im like darn! so i try and turn it off and it dislels out for like 2 mintues :gun: by this time im quite mad so i check my throttle cable and do it again! it still donset stop. Is this just 2 major problms at once or do they relate? either way somthings fukd in my Lemon of a 3 g
any input would be helpful

accordlxi2.0
02-26-2004, 07:12 PM
well when my alt. went out the idle would get high to about 1,200rpm's then once it turned back on the idle would go back down.
so the ecu is good for something, i guess when there's no charge and the batt get's low it start's acting all crazy.

smufguy
02-27-2004, 07:38 AM
check if ur connections on the alt is good and secure and also the battery terminals. Also check to see if the battery grounds and grounds in your engine bay are good. I regrounded all my grounds for better peace of mind, it takes a while, but its all worth it.

Where did u get the alt from? Was it the right part number and everything?

blok2400
02-27-2004, 12:23 PM
i got the alt from autozone brand new and it workd fine for about at least 2 or 3 months no problems wiht it. The grounds i will check but it still starts up and what not i wouldnt think that would be grounds but i guess its possible. I can check the connections to the alt but i rewired thoose as well when i installed the alt because what i found was a big twisted eletrical tape mess that was obviously done by the privous owner as a way to "rig" it to work. I thought it may be the belt not turning the wheel do to loseness like before but it cant be cuz i stuck a sticker on the wheel and turned the car on and the sticker spin so i knew the wheel was spinning instead of losing grip and not spining.