PDA

View Full Version : removing vacume lines question

skull1441
02-26-2004, 08:14 PM
ok my car just passed inspection... im thinking about removing my vacume lines.... i want to do it but i want to be able to put it back in so i can pass inspection next year..... is it possible to put everything back ???? .... or is it too risky????

A20A1
02-26-2004, 08:50 PM
The risk factor depends on your knowledge / capability / experience / etc.

SteveDX89
02-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Do they look under the hood for inspection? They don't here. It's not gonna pass emissions but if they don't look under the hood for inspection, you'll be fine.

shepherd79
02-27-2004, 04:25 AM
if you have emissions, i would highly recomend to stay away from vacuum line removal.
you won't pass emissions without them, and it is a bitch to put the back.

86hatch
03-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Is there a big enough advantage to be worth the time and effort? Especially on my BT because there are so many lines?

Jeremy

shepherd79
03-11-2004, 11:45 AM
it is worth the perfomance, but it is not worth the time and effort to put them back.

k-roy
03-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Is there a big enough advantage to be worth the time and effort? Especially on my BT because there are so many lines?

Jeremy
You are lucky, you have fuel injection.
The carbed model has about 5x as many hoses, it robs power and chokes off the motor big time. The modification we are talking about is for the carbed model only, sorry. Im sure it is possible for you to remove them, its gonna take a lot of homework along with trial and error.

markmdz89hatch
03-11-2004, 01:39 PM
if you have emissions, i would highly recomend to stay away from vacuum line removal.
you won't pass emissions without them, and it is a bitch to put the back.

Actually, as long as you lean out your fuel supply and mess with the carb a little, you should be able to pass even without the vacuum lines. A friend up here (CT) passed with dual DCOE on his little old skool civic (of course he starved the shit out of his engine, fuel wise. Not good to do for long periods of time, but as long as you don't rev too high and don't beat on it, you can get away with it for the trip to the emissions station and back.

ehulst
03-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Actually, as long as you lean out your fuel supply and mess with the carb a little, you should be able to pass even without the vacuum lines. A friend up here (CT) passed with dual DCOE on his little old skool civic (of course he starved the shit out of his engine, fuel wise. Not good to do for long periods of time, but as long as you don't rev too high and don't beat on it, you can get away with it for the trip to the emissions station and back.

I live in maine and i have no clue about emision.....i mean i kno what it is but....My accord didn't pass inspection due to the flex pipe and i'm in the procces of removing the vac lines...in the drive way.... so i can put an intake in.....should i put it all back together.....i don't have alot of expreience automotives....i don't have much to put back if its worth puttin back together....i cut some lines but i can prob get then at the local hardware store....any ideas?