PDA

View Full Version : ecu for 89 se-i

jdragon
02-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Can Anybody Tell Me Where The Ecu Is For Ta 89 Se-i,.....just Want To Check And See If There Is A Code

Mac
02-26-2004, 08:24 PM
I believe it is under the drivers seat.

jdragon
02-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I believe it is under the drivers seat.

NOPE THAT IS NOT IT...THANK YOU

mattalica
02-26-2004, 08:34 PM
if it is an accord it is under the drivers seat.u have to take off the plastic cover under which is another metal cover.5 screws to take out and there u go.ECU!If it is not under the seat then????? :cheers:

Mac
02-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Actually if it is under the seat, no need to remove cover to see codes. There is a little door that flips open to see LED flash codes.

jdragon
02-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Hmm I Have Looked Under..the Drivers Seat But Nothing,,,dont Know If It Is Because Of It Being A Se-i.......its Just Flat I Even Cut The Carpet To See But Nothings Ther Or The Passenger Side...lol

mattalica
02-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Sorry I can't find any other location except under the drivers seat.I just spent 20 minutes looking thru my chilton's before I realized it only goes to '88.Sorry I know how frustrating this kinda thing can be.Good luck,Matt :cheers:

Cyric_accord
02-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, I hate to be the bearer of news.. but as according to my 1989 Honda Accord Service manual, the Honda PGM-FI ECU is located underneath the Driver's seat, closest to the door... the other, smaller box is the shift interlock control.

You should be to check the ecu for codes but flipping the seat forward and pulling it all the way forward

johndej
02-27-2004, 07:05 PM
hmm......... it has nothing to do w/ being an sei, all our ecus are in the same spot and i think all the ones for injected cars are the same. oh yeah, its under the seat.

TINBOAT
02-27-2004, 07:32 PM
OHHHHH !!!...that must be the SPESHUL ECU, only came out on 4, count 'em, 4 unique SEi's that excaped the Honda skunk werk testing grounds. Man, those suckers were so special, they put the ECU in between the headliner and the roof (behind the moonroof stops)..they did this to to get precise lateral accelleration read-outs, and beam all info to a sattelite tracking station, which was hooked directly into the Honda mainframe computers, whereas, enginears could relay signals back to the car to adjust fuel pressures (individually to each injector), spring rates, shock valving, and calibrate the Bose sound system for noise atenuating frequencies.

To get any code from this ECU, you have to measure 27MM behind the dome light in the car, then find exact center between door panels, mark it, and then place a strong magnet up against the head liner (Honda recommends using dielectric lube to get the full magnetic field effect for a proper code release signal). Now turn the key to the 'on' position 6 times in 6 seconds, and the code will digitally come up on the hidden LED behind the clock on the dash. (oops, I forgot to tell you to remove the clock also). Once the code is processed, the LED will ax if you want to fix this problem, or continue driving, with errors in the system....
The rest is up to you.

jdragon
02-27-2004, 07:37 PM
OHHHHH !!!...that must be the SPESHUL ECU, only came out on 4, count 'em, 4 unique SEi's that excaped the Honda skunk werk testing grounds. Man, those suckers were so special, they put the ECU in between the headliner and the roof (behind the moonroof stops)..they did this to to get precise lateral accelleration read-outs, and beam all info to a sattelite tracking station, which was hooked directly into the Honda mainframe computers, whereas, enginears could relay signals back to the car to adjust fuel pressures (individually to each injector), spring rates, shock valving, and calibrate the Bose sound system for noise atenuating frequencies.

To get any code from this ECU, you have to measure 27MM behind the dome light in the car, then find exact center between door panels, mark it, and then place a strong magnet up against the head liner (Honda recommends using dielectric lube to get the full magnetic field effect for a proper code release signal). Now turn the key to the 'on' position 6 times in 6 seconds, and the code will digitally come up on the hidden LED behind the clock on the dash. (oops, I forgot to tell you to remove the clock also). Once the code is processed, the LED will ax if you want to fix this problem, or continue driving, with errors in the system....
The rest is up to you.

thats funny and original :jaw:

jdragon
02-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Sorry I can't find any other location except under the drivers seat.I just spent 20 minutes looking thru my chilton's before I realized it only goes to '88.Sorry I know how frustrating this kinda thing can be.Good luck,Matt :cheers:

thanks for the help

TINBOAT
02-27-2004, 07:42 PM
..sorry, couldnt help it......move the drivers seat all the way up, and lean it forward. put yer head virtually on the floor, and you will see it (plastic cover with a small door about one inch square), pull the door open from the top down to the floor, turn on the ignition, and you should see a blinking red light if it's flashing any codes.

jdragon
02-27-2004, 07:49 PM
..sorry, couldnt help it......move the drivers seat all the way up, and lean it forward. put yer head virtually on the floor, and you will see it (plastic cover with a small door about one inch square), pull the door open from the top down to the floor, turn on the ignition, and you should see a blinking red light if it's flashing any codes.

ok thanks for the info

johnwc723
02-28-2004, 05:22 PM
dude i have one of those ecus too!!! its the rawshit!