PDA

View Full Version : Problem seems to be getting worse-Wont start!!

NeubJ
02-26-2004, 08:45 PM
If I leave my car sitting for more than 20 minutes and come out of a store or so it wont start. (this is after driving it for awhile) It starts up but then immediately dies. I give it a little gas and it while start but it wants to die again. So I have to keep my foot on the gas until it idles at about 1100 rpm's and stays steady otherwise it will die again.

It doesnt do this if I leave my car for like 5 minutes. It will start up with no problems. Or every now and then it starts but it just sputters in park.

After dealing with this for a little while - I came out of the post office and it wouldnt start. I changed the cap and rotor and it started right up. It ran fine for awhile but now its acting up again.

I have changed these recently
Spark plugs-New Wires
Coil
Fuel Filter
Fule Pump

I had this happen twice -First time it was the wires I had to change (and the wires were new) and now the cap and rotor (they were also new)

I just dont want to get stranded again.

What esle should I check/replace ? Distributor?

Blkblurr
02-27-2004, 07:30 AM
This sounds like the same problem that I have with my 89 SEi. only more severe. There is a thread recently that had lots of people with a simalar problem but I don't think anyone could say what causes it.

shepherd79
02-27-2004, 09:24 AM
check your ignitor. it is on the outside of the distributor.