PDA

View Full Version : Stock Type Air Filters

HondaBoy
02-26-2004, 09:02 PM
ok, so im not ready for my nice custom made intake. but till then i have the stock type filters to put in. i just got a new one today and i may say it made some difference. when i drove over to Pepboy's and drove away there was a nice difference. guess it was my old Fram filter. it wasnt too badly stopped up, but i thought now was as good as any time to get a new filter. i decided to get a Purilator, think thats spelled right. anyway, it breathes a lot better. sounds thoatier than before. im happy with it since its nice and clean. anyway, i know theres many brands of drop in filters. anyone got some suggestions on which is the best flowing? not interested in price, if its K&N, i know its expensive. they didnt seem to have any there when i went. so, whats your pick?

shepherd79
02-27-2004, 04:30 AM
a few people on the board have K&N stock replacement for sale. it will fit into stock plastic box. it will flow even more air.
i got mine of ebay for $25.50

HondaBoy
02-28-2004, 02:27 PM
yeah, i thought those would be pretty nice, the K&N filter. its nice because you can rinse it out and re-oil it. probley will save some money in the long run? thats what i hear. ok, so is K&N just the best, or is there other brands better flowing?

Magny
02-28-2004, 02:33 PM
I think its called cool blue or something like that but I dont think they make it for our cars. They showed the stats on TV one time about the c.f.m. air flow of the cool blue vs. the k&n. they showed that the cool blue was twice more than the k&n. they also showed the filter at microscope view showing that k&n has a bunch of holes in it not capable of filtering the micron dust and crap that gets sucked in. compared to the cool blue, it was packed, but flowed more.