PDA

View Full Version : Strut Install?!

Chris86Lxi
07-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering how hard is it to install some new struts? I have eibach sportlines on but still have my oem struts in. I have Tokico's just waitin to be put on but i don't know if i should take the chance and do them my self. I've called SO MANY autoshops to see if they would put in the struts for me and NOBODY will do it. They are all afraid of puttin them in on a car that is already lowered? What's their deal? I don't wanna go to a import performance shop b/c they will rape me with install charges. Tell me how hard or easy it will be to do all 4 struts on the car. I know I will need to get a spring compressor too. I'm also pickin up my prelude arms finally tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the help!

Chris

TeKKnoTeKK
07-09-2002, 02:30 PM
The things you have to do to replace the struts is not that hard....when I did mine the hardest part was just getting the rusty bolts to loosen up. I believe there is a how to that tells you what to do.

Chris86Lxi
07-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Hey man, thanks. I was also just wondering if it's really necessary to actual remove the front sway bar? Do i gotta take the whole thing off or just unbolt something? Did you take it off Tekk?
Thanks again,

Chris

88LXi68
07-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Level of ease (1 easiest and 10 hardest) 3

Its pretty easy but it requires A LOT of patience. stupid rusted bolts are what make this job harder and longer. BTW you dont need to remove any sway bar.

Chris86Lxi
07-09-2002, 04:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys. One more thing. When i get the new struts in will i need to torque them to a certain lb. or whatever? You know, inside the hood where you screw the struts back in? Thanks again.

Chris

Jims 86LXI HB
07-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Yeah yall,:D Eric wrote the "how to" for installing struts yourself for this board. It's excellent, use it, you can't go wrong!