PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Limitier

crwa
02-26-2004, 10:15 PM
I know its not good to hit it, but I time it yesturday and today, it hit about a total of 6 times between the two days... Will something like that do any damage??? I don't do it everyday but trans. is holding gears and won't shift because its going out, so it just goes to the rev limiter and won't shift unless I let off, it never did it before so it wasn't a problem but now it is...

So do you guys think I could have caused some damage or do you think I'll be ok??? The motor runs fine and doesn't mkae any odd noises, but it did smell for a few seconds after I hit the limiter...

adams86lxi
02-26-2004, 10:30 PM
these cars hold up well, should be fine! :cool:

TJ89Accord
02-26-2004, 11:07 PM
my friend hits the rev limiter on his MX6 about 10 times a day, and it still runs good lol.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-26-2004, 11:23 PM
I do it all the time

86AccordLxi
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
I think the problem is your TV cable on your auto tranny. A quick search yielded the following results:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=1119&highlight=automatic+cable

And i don't think the rev limiter a few times will hurt the car too much, but you might want to fix your cable. Good luck chris.

alex

crwa
02-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks for that search Alex... But I took my car to a trans. shop a few weeks ago and they said second gear was slipping and thats were I noticed it to, it seemed to only do it when the trans. was cold and after it warmed up it would shift fine, but now it just won't shift into each gear until like 4,000 rpm's and sometimes it like it goes into neutral for a secong because it just revs the engine but doesn't let the car move.

But with a 187,000 on the car its probably time for the trans. to go... So now its 5 speed time baby... I can't wait, I got ancy and got everything from new pedals to shifter to clutch kit to axle, and all the other parts and trans. should be here in about two weeks or so I hope...