PDA

View Full Version : How do I take the old Head Unit Out?

TOoN
02-27-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm tryin to put my new one in, but I can't figure out how to take the old old out, can anyone help me?

Mac
02-27-2004, 09:19 AM
There is 2 screws in the back of the unit. Look under the dash behind the ash tray. They screw in the back of radio from the bottom.

TOoN
02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
yeah......I took the ashtry out, and those screws.....but the I didn't know what to do next?

zero.counter
02-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Slide it out towards you or push it from behind...carefully mind you. The cables are still in place unless you disconnected the harness and antenna already.

dXsquared
02-27-2004, 12:40 PM
so its just the two screws that you can access from the ashtray?? my last car came with no head, so i didnt have to remove it.. but the new hatchie has the stock setup...

Travis

HostileJava
02-29-2004, 07:49 PM
They aren't actually in the ash tray they are behind the dash in the back of the head unit kinda.

hondasforever
04-02-2004, 02:09 PM
I just pulled out my stock HU and put in a Pioneer HU. To get out the stock HU: there are two screws in the back that are hard to get to, I found it is a lot easier to get at if you take the screw out of the gray box that is back there and push it back out of the way, then I used a socket on an air wrench with an extension on it instead of a screwdriver (theres no way you could get the passenger side screw out with a screw driver unless you have some really skinny hands and a really small screwdrive. I also took out the tape holder tray and the ash tray out so I could see in there a little better, but I think you can get it out without removing those. once those two screws are out you should be able to just slide it right out.