PDA

View Full Version : Rice or not to Rice? that is the question

Vega88lxi
05-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Well I posted these pics wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when on the first 3g board and I thought Id just post them again. As I remember nobody liked it then so I think nobody will like it now.

what do you think rice or rice?

http://vegabaja.150m.com/atco/rice.jpg

http://vegabaja.150m.com/atco/rice2.jpg

88LXiHB
05-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Yes, its still http://www.velocidad-maxima.com/rice.gif

white95alty
05-02-2002, 01:05 PM
:wtf: :rant: :huh:

88AccordBoy
05-02-2002, 01:15 PM
wat do people be thinking when doing stuff like that? :confused:

MoonScryer
05-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Classic pedigree. One windshield wiper, chrome everywhere, and most important, stickers and LOTS OF YELLOW.

Yep, rice. :D

Vega88lxi
05-02-2002, 02:32 PM
It's been two years sinse those pics where taken I wonder what it looks like now........

(x_x)
05-02-2002, 02:35 PM
Argh, lost me old account...

As for that ..thing.. Big 'ol steaming bowl 'o rice....expecially with the mis-match colours, and wacked out window-shade deals...

philendrick
05-02-2002, 05:50 PM
I like the chrome on the fenders and the wheels look ok, but everything else has to go

Windsheild Decal... R for RICE

1988starter
05-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Damn I would hit that with my car out of principal damn ugly sorry rice is not my thing spend the money doing peformance mods.

88Ex-i
05-02-2002, 07:35 PM
although...if he wants attention by doing that, he's done his job.........:smokin:

Vega88lxi
05-02-2002, 07:39 PM
The windshield actually says TYPE-R the scanner didnt pick it up. When you hooked up a car like that dont you think you would have friends tell you on a daily basis how ugly that shit looks.......I guess he didnt.

88Ex-i
05-02-2002, 07:45 PM
unless his friends had similiar rides..........lol

87accordlxi
05-02-2002, 07:54 PM
take some rice, ghetto, and white trash.....mix it all together with some pure stupidity, and thats what you get!

Vega88lxi
05-02-2002, 08:00 PM
88Ex-i - I hope they dont cause that would have to be the sorryist club and sorryist bunch of poeple......maybe they grew out of it by now....maybe there in there "Fast and Furious" phase where have to have "Nawz" I know ALOT of people like that. :rolleyes:

88Ex-i
05-02-2002, 08:04 PM
thats the thing.......there are people like that. They are everywhere...........the have the Fast and Furious bug. I would love to see pics of a club like that.........pure rice!!!!!!!!!:lol

3rd GEN
05-02-2002, 08:17 PM
gotta loose the rear flaps and the yellow in the most rediculous places..

:huh:

Vega88lxi
05-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Dog forget that he has to strip that car to the ground and start from scratch. Its the only way.

Bobs89LXi
05-02-2002, 08:57 PM
No comment. The car speaks for itself. :eek:

hondaaccord_86
05-02-2002, 09:00 PM
all that yellow = rice. though you do have to give him a hand, he did "fix-up" his ride... :puke:

hondaaccord_86
05-02-2002, 09:04 PM
:puke:

damackz
05-03-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 88Ex-i
thats the thing.......there are people like that. They are everywhere...........the have the Fast and Furious bug. I would love to see pics of a club like that.........pure rice!!!!!!!!!:lol haha dun they have a club like that over at AF....ph?! lol :D but yeah that car is nasty dude deserves to get beats for doing that to a 3rd gen........:flame:

hondaaccord_86
05-03-2002, 10:22 AM
the puke face doesnt work...:rant:

iiviasterp
05-03-2002, 08:56 PM
think of everything you could do wrong to a car.... yea he did it. :huh: id shoot that kid if i ever saw him, ruined a perfectly good 3g....

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Where's the Rice-X when you need it?

3rdgenSLIMER
05-03-2002, 10:08 PM
that car is freakin AWESOME!!!!! :bow: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Don87LX
05-04-2002, 06:33 AM
He looks like he drove through a Pep boys with a big magnet. Rice as all hell.

n88accordLX-i
05-04-2002, 07:59 AM
sorry, but thats the type of car that gives imports a bad name......

1988starter
05-04-2002, 09:15 AM
thatis an A1c car all the way damn I hate pepboys peformance products esp their mufflers.

Vega88lxi
05-04-2002, 10:05 AM
1988starter - A1c? I think you mean APC (American Products Company). Everybody and there mother has APC stickers around here, from Civics to Berretas to Caravans and Taraus. It seems that when ever somebody goes to Advanced Auto or Pep Boys they hand them a sticker on the way out. And dont get me started on the Super Street stickers..........

1988starter
05-04-2002, 11:17 AM
thanks that is what I ment there is a kid at my school with a auto saturn 4 door with big ass allunm. wing apc stickers hks stickers and a borla sticker. he has the pepboy apc muffler he also has a sticker that says urban racer. I have beet him in the 3g many times.

Vega88lxi
05-04-2002, 02:05 PM
All those f@@king stickers look tacky ass hell. Dont they get it? Come on a Osaka Motorsports sticker on a Caravan!:wtf:

smufguy
05-04-2002, 09:59 PM
well i dont knwo what the dude was thinking when he riced up that thing (dont have a clue what to call it as) but am pretty sure he was NOT THINKING AT ALL. damn...... all i did was laugh my ass off thining how riduculous he would look driving down the road. geesh, he needs a major help. :werd: and his car should have a board like this :stupid: only the arrow pointed towards that dude.

Bobs89LXi
05-04-2002, 10:41 PM
UGH! Please tell me that it's old age and that my eyes are deceiving me. Is the ENTIRE interior painted yellow? :eek:

smufguy
05-05-2002, 08:58 AM
yellow paints do play tricks with our eyes, but this time, its not the case:( :crying:

darkhonda89
05-28-2002, 08:04 PM
:mad: FIRST of all didnt we all start somewhere thats my car at atco nj and if anybody happened 2 notice instead of car bashing rightaway did u see its in the parking lot where it belonged now 2 years later its the fattest thing 2 bless the 3rd gen site instead of bashing let a brother get somthing started that was a car 3 grand and a serious mistake made... 2 day at 28,700 invested i own your dream accord that took 2nd place at NOPI NATIONALS for 4door luxury mild did i mention NOPI its a shame theres 100 cars on here that deserve bashing and ive never said one negative thing about nothing at alland u find somthing almost 3 years old and 4 those of u who replied 2 todays pics that car has turned ass backwards and damn it is sweet......thats foul thanks guys thats real cool ...............DARK.....:flip:

Vega88lxi
05-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey sorry for the bashing....I guess its my fault since I toke the pics. The first time I posted the pics a couple of years ago I thought I didnt look too bad...a little too much but not bad. When I posted the pics everybody jumped all over it so I guess I went with the crowd. Sorry but you got to admit if it wasnt your car youd have a couple of thoughts your self.

anyways, I and everybody else here would love to see what It looks like now. If the 28,700 invested is really true then It should be a sight to see and dont tell me you dont have pics of it cause if I had invested that much in a car I would have a photo album full of them.

1988starter
05-30-2002, 09:26 AM
Post some picts.

Jdub07
05-30-2002, 09:53 AM
:wtf: cost almost $28,000 if you don't mind me asking? I don't think I bashed on your car (not on this forum anyway). But 30 grand?

88LXiHB
05-30-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by darkhonda89
:mad: FIRST of all didnt we all start somewhere thats my car at atco nj and if anybody happened 2 notice instead of car bashing rightaway did u see its in the parking lot where it belonged now 2 years later its the fattest thing 2 bless the 3rd gen site instead of bashing let a brother get somthing started that was a car 3 grand and a serious mistake made... 2 day at 28,700 invested i own your dream accord that took 2nd place at NOPI NATIONALS for 4door luxury mild did i mention NOPI its a shame theres 100 cars on here that deserve bashing and ive never said one negative thing about nothing at alland u find somthing almost 3 years old and 4 those of u who replied 2 todays pics that car has turned ass backwards and damn it is sweet......thats foul thanks guys thats real cool ...............DARK.....:flip:

Ok, sorry but yes, two years ago you car was Rice. It's not a big deal, that was two years ago. "Fattest thing to bless the 3rd Gen site". You give yourself too much credit there man, I'd take Justins, pearldrops, Oldschools(:(), or Mikes Accord over yours any day. You have upgraded from blobs of yellow to yellow flames, and a neon green interior. I have nothing against you, or your car because you have put alot of time and money into it, it's just not my taste...

TeKKnoTeKK
05-30-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by darkhonda89

Dude if that was 2 years ago why do you care? And to come on here saying that you own OUR dream car is just pathetic, sure it's a pretty nice ride now but in no way is it MY dream car. If you ask me the only thing that wins a car show is the money invested, doesn't matter what the car looks like, usually just matters what the price tag is. Once again, why the hell you so upset when this was 2 years ago, grow up man.

smufguy
05-30-2002, 02:12 PM
:rant: is it even a post worth growling over? :huh: it was 2 years back, we all gotta forget it and just end the battering.

darkhonda89
05-30-2002, 04:24 PM
ok 2 start with i apoligize 4 reacting the way i did i was just alittle:rant: beings i dont say nothing about nobody or there car ....... and u r right that was 2 years ago and the more i read the worse it got some people are wrong 4 the comments they made but 4 your intrest or not heres whats involved with that price tag i paid 7,500 4 the car its a1989 accord lxi it had 119.000 and it was nice fell in love right away however it had a few issues and i had 2 help i removed the entire suspension in the front and went 2 the local dealership ordered all new parts even subframe due 2 rust issues cost right around 3 grand then had allittle powder coated done on the new stuff ordered a 90 accord energy hyper flex system(bushing kit ) then felt if it has a new front end why not do the rear right 2,700 later and yet another trip to the dealer (one stop shop due 2 availability) very nice when new !!!! drove it around the i found the import scene i bought wheels and painted every thing yellow (RICED it so 2 speak) and i got my ass hounded by all thats where the strong offense comes in ... back 2 the drawling board stripped the whole car sold my wheels bought springs(neuspeed) suspension tech sway bars and tokico illum struts and pacetter header a high flow cat and a noxous cat back 2in exaust all around 1,500 awesome ..... but still automatic well time 4 a conversion so i searched out a 94,000 mile motor in pa paid 1,500 4 the motor and cost 1,200 2 buy all i need 2 make it a 5speed (pedals cables,trans ,axles,shifter assy. .etc ) then about 500 on machine work 2 engine 750 2 the speed shop 4 pistons and rods (jg edelbrock) then applied a bullfrog cam and a venom cam gear a center force clutch with a msd spci ignition weapon r cai , and a civic flowdine radiatior all around 2300 rebuilt all my self took about a year finally runs fast SWEET however i fried the ECU so i had to search out another found one from jet 4 1,200 it was a reaprogramed stock ecu workes sweet then i bought a venom 400 and finally fast enough 2 hang with my buddys gs-r(just has a cai and a exaust) but its fast enough i still lose time 2 time then i bought ereubuni aero kit 412 1,000 and i paid 2,700 4 my wheels (veloche spikes) have prelude seats (front) all vinal interear and its not yellow ........ and have around 4200 in system(very loud ......) and i have every recipt and about a 3in thick folder so there u have it and yes my favorite past time is my 3rd gen and right now im moving on 2 a complete air ride system comming soon and my flames ar paint not vinal (2 black flames r nitro yellow/green and 4 coats of clear sorry guys but i love my car there u have it enjoy .........DARK..

88Ex-i
05-30-2002, 04:29 PM
wow, dark........I give you full credit for sticking with it, through all the changes. You truely love your 3rd gen..........:)
I think if most people had 28g's, I'm sure almost everyone would use that money to buy something else and invest in that.

CoAsTeR
05-30-2002, 08:04 PM
almost 30g's invested?!?!!!??

those gotta be the MOST EXPENSIVE STICKERS I've ever seen!! Least they coulda done was give you a bulk discount.... :)

I can respect the time and effort that has been put into the car, but damn...... someone should photoshop a makeover or something :)

GirlieGirl
05-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Well COASTER if you would look at the pics of DARK's ride now you would see why there is almost 30,000 invested it doesnt even look like that pic at all anymore. I thought this site was to help and incourage people not BASH on everyone every chance you get. Yea you all have your own opinons but DAMN. Give people a chance. You can give your own opinons WITHOUT being a SMARTASS!!!!!!!!! This site is cool but would be much better minus the ASSHOLES!!!!!!!! .....................GirlieGirl:burn:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-30-2002, 09:33 PM
I partially agree with you Girlie.....this thread is definetly extreme, but you can see the before and after and it is pretty extreme as well. How were we supposed to know the car looked any different now? Sure both the new pics and old pic are on the board but they are like night and day, literally lol. Basically what I am getting at is that I hope this particalr thread doesn't drive you away. With the exception of this thread everyone is pretty much here to help each other :)

tk89acc
05-30-2002, 11:19 PM
Damn all yall get too worked up over what people say about your cars. Shit I'd say I have about 20 grand worth of stuff added to my car and I could still give a fuck what people think. I build my car according to MY TASTE not anyone elses. Darkhonda no doubt your car looks good now but I think you need to deflate that head of yours so you dont get caught in any doors. No offense meant but you come off sounding arrogant as fuck.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-31-2002, 12:17 AM
back 2 the drawling board stripped the whole car sold my wheels bought springs(neuspeed) suspension tech sway bars and tokico illum struts

I'd really like to know how and with what part numbers for tokico illum struts. Or since they don't make them for the 3rd gen and you can't use the 4th gen struts did you mean to say tokico H.P.'s? You also can't use koni sports from the 4th gen and you can't use Bilstein sports from the 4th gen. One of tokico's more informed techs is named tiffany btw.

CoAsTeR
05-31-2002, 06:25 AM
for the record I'm entitled to my own opinion. I don't like it.
second of all, I DID see how it looks now and yes it looks great!
I've seen hundreds of posts with pics and questions on whether or not a certain car looks good or what mods should or shouldn't be done.... so when I throw my two cents in and say NO, IT DON'T LOOK GOOD, thats my opinion. I'm not bashing anything. And might I add... I'm not the only one that think the car used to look not so good.... that car is featured on every riceboy site I've been to. Think of the consructive criticism as advice on what you can do to make your car more appealing, and not take it as an insult. Anyways, the car looks good now... thats all that matters! :stick:

Vega88lxi
05-31-2002, 09:41 AM
So what does it look like now?

GirlieGirl
05-31-2002, 12:05 PM
If you go to the post marked Darkhonda's 89 on the first page of accord pics that is what it looks like now, total turnaround..................GirlieGirl

Vega88lxi
05-31-2002, 05:15 PM
Ok I saw it. It looks ok. Still way too much for me. I like smipler tastes. It may be your dream car but its definetly not mine.

TeKKnoTeKK
06-02-2002, 11:20 AM
hey Vega how those programs workin out for ya?

Inabj2
06-02-2002, 04:41 PM
I seroiusly doubt that its the fastest car in this board most of that money was spent on cosmetics justins accord would definitivley humble you a bit on the quarter mile. Since his ride is turbo charged. I respect the car for it looks decent now but you seemed a bit arrogant but I guess id be too if i spent that much on my 3 gee.

staticpat
06-02-2002, 07:58 PM
http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=195870&make_type_query=make%3DHonda&model_brand_query=model%3DAccord&tree=Honda%20Accord

heres an old sound domain page on a similar looking car. just found it if anybody's interested.

smufguy
06-03-2002, 08:42 AM
i keep reading this post over and over again and all i see is everyone talking back and forth but the dude we are talking about does not talk much. he said everything he did to his car and of course we know it does not matter if u have a ferrari or a kia, it depends on how u drive it and all depends on your driving dynamics. we have seen our cars kick ass with newer maximas and other cars who are known to be fast. So ease up guys, its defenitely not work grumping over. Of course once u put almost 30K into your car, pushing it as far as u can push it, you do expect most of the ppl who look at it, to appreciate it cause its the natural instinct. Are we gonna gain anything by trying to prove someone wrong or incompitent? fuck no.

darkhonda89
06-03-2002, 07:46 PM
wwaazzzzzz up 2all thank u all 4 your honesty and opinions that my freinds is what keeps thisauto addict in drive 2 just keep going and going i just felt last time i was here i read some fowl shit and thats not what im about i love this site and u people make it exist and if the people get fowl so does the site then people dissapear and after so long so does the site and that would PISS me off but hey look quote 2 all NO HARD FEELINGS FELLOWS let us enjoy this i meant no harm just defending my baby........ its great 2 be back holla with a im lets chat .....DARK..

AccordChemist
06-03-2002, 08:00 PM
whatd'ya just say? :confused: