PDA

View Full Version : 3 Geez daytime running light mod

Michael Cote
02-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Hi All.
If your like me and like to have daytime running lights but don't like the pop-up headlights on during the day because I think it ruins the look and aerodynamics, switch your corner side lights with your front indicator lights by crossing the wires using quick-connects and about 3 ft of wire. Once you've wired it then change your corner side marker bulb with the next size up. You'll have to file the corner socket a little to get the larger bulb in through the lense hole but minor detail and it still seals and locks. I did it and it looks great, is safer and didn't busy up or make front of car tacky as some fog/running light add-ons can sometimes be. Keeps the car looking stock. You just run your park lights so what used to be your orange indicator which is quite bright, is now your orange running lights. You have to change the corner light bulb up so your flasher flashes at normal speed, otherwise it flashes too quick and the brighter bulb is easier to see during the day through that somewhat greyish corner lense. Give it a try. Goodluck, Mike

HostileJava
02-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Good idea. It has been done before though. As well as painting the back lights red and switching the tops and bottoms. Keep modding.

Cheeseburger
02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
do you have pics? on how that looks

HondaBoy
02-28-2004, 02:54 PM
yeah, i really want to see what that looks like. so did you put an 1156 bulb in the place of the 194? maybe you used a different bulb. is it still a wedge bulb or a screw in? i had thought how i could put a new socket in and a bigger bulb. lets see pix!

Michael Cote
02-28-2004, 03:08 PM
No but I can probably get a few pics on this thing somehow. In the meantime, to get the idea, just put your 4 ways on and try to picture the brightness of the front indicators on steady. I just put them on and walked quite a way back from front of car and see how they aluminate. They were bright enough so I switched them. The corner parking lights are fairly bright in sunlight (after putting next size bulb in there) so other drivers can see your turning intentions. They don't flash quite as bright as the original front indicators flashed. I just left the stock bulbs in the original indicator lights. The mod costs probably $5.00 worth of wires, quick-connects and two bulbs. Too easy.
Goodluck, Mike from Nova Scotia, Canada

Michael Cote
02-28-2004, 03:15 PM
yeah, i really want to see what that looks like. so did you put an 1156 bulb in the place of the 194? maybe you used a different bulb. is it still a wedge bulb or a screw in? i had thought how i could put a new socket in and a bigger bulb. lets see pix!

I went next size up for the corner push in. Don't know #. Same size connector just fatter bulb. That's why I had to file lense hole a little. Left stock single contact bulb in old indicator lense. I first tried just increasing size of corner park light but started melting lense so that's why I did the switch.

Michael Cote
02-28-2004, 03:17 PM
I went next size up for the corner push in. Don't know #. Same size connector just fatter bulb. That's why I had to file lense hole a little. Left stock single contact bulb in old indicator lense. I first tried just increasing size of corner park light but started melting lense so that's why I did the switch.

Cheeseburger
02-28-2004, 08:31 PM
pics i dont have a good imagination. to much of :bong: :uh: :uh: :rofl: :D

Mike89Accordcom
03-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Pic is in accord pics, here it is,

http://www.89accord.com/special/redaccord.jpg

Michael Cote
03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Thanks for downloading the pic [email protected]. I appreciate it. Having said that, I noticed when I took the pic that the passenger side bulb was slightly dimmer so I removed bulb and it was kind of blackened inside and the plastic inside was starting to melt a little. I'm going to put a little foil to repell the heat. It only gets to 75-80 degrees (f) max here so you folks down south where it gets to be 100+ might want to keep an eye on inside of lenses if you go this mod. Thanks again, Mike C.