PDA

View Full Version : Wiring In Bigger Bulbs?

HondaBoy
02-28-2004, 03:41 PM
well i want more light in my trunk, and i have some sockets i can use. that little fuse type bulb doesnt put much light out and its not really easy to see with. so what i wanted to do is wire in 2 1156 bulbs. those are single filament like in the reverse lights. infact thats where i got the sockets from was old tail lights. anyway, im wondering if i need to do anything like put a bigger fuse or something for 2 bulbs? anyone got some suggestions?

PortugalFocus
02-28-2004, 05:10 PM
well i want more light in my trunk, and i have some sockets i can use. that little fuse type bulb doesnt put much light out and its not really easy to see with. so what i wanted to do is wire in 2 1156 bulbs. those are single filament like in the reverse lights. infact thats where i got the sockets from was old tail lights. anyway, im wondering if i need to do anything like put a bigger fuse or something for 2 bulbs? anyone got some suggestions?

I would first find out on how many watts are you gonna run through the light bulbs.. after that get an encolsed fuse and pass each one of the bulbs through their own separate fuse connectors. Have fun and don't start a car fire.....

HondaBoy
02-28-2004, 05:50 PM
hehe, car fire= sucks ass! yeah, thats what i dont want. i think the 1156 bulbs run about 7 watts each? i may be thinking of other ones, but i think thats right. thats a good idea. i will probley put like an inline fuse like is on my driving lights. also, i was going to do the 194 wedge bulb conversion to the courtesy lights in the doors. any more suggestions is what i need.