PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME!! Pt 2

awagner777
07-09-2002, 05:12 PM
OK So i replaced the ECT sensor, same crap. Anyone with an 89 LXi help me out here. There are two sensors right next to each other. Which one do i need to replace. are they both even ECT sensors. One is green and the other is white. Now the threads are diffrent sizes as well. Do i need to get another sensor for the other one? HELP ME OUT HERE. I just want to be able to go out of town. I gotta go to Dallas next weekend and i HAVE to have my car.....this sucks.

YK86
07-09-2002, 06:39 PM
The engine coolant sensor is the thing on the top of the thermostat housing with two wires plugging in to it. The one wire sensor on the side of the thermostat housing I think is for the temp gauge. The one you want to replace is the one on the top of the housing with two wires. If that is the one you replaced (with a brand new one), let us know and we can try some other ideas.

awagner777
07-09-2002, 07:21 PM
they both have two wires...i would post a picture but for some dumb reason i cant post an attachment. I will e-mail pictures if needed. [email protected]

accordlx
07-09-2002, 08:04 PM
You can't post pictures anymore unless you are a member of the 3geez foundation. Please see the post at the top of the page for more info.

88LXi/87CRXSi
07-10-2002, 01:46 AM
No, there are not 2 ECT sensors. The ECT sensor is the smaller one with the white plug, the bigger one with the green plug is the temperature sensor B, which controls your cooling fan. Ya know, whether or not your fan runs for 15 min. after you turn your car off, if temp is above 226°?
Did you reset your ECU after replacing it?

awagner777
07-10-2002, 04:27 AM
ok, they sold me the wrong one. jerks. and no i did not reset the ECU. didn't even think about it. thanks fellas.

cruznz
07-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Well, over here in NZ......the white 1 is temp gauge sensor.......the green 1 is ECT......and the cooling fan 1 is on the bottom of radiator...........ECT gives the basic injector pulse width for starting...ie,...when cold ECU knows to enrichen a/f mixture from signal of ECT......is the same system like that in the states?