PDA

View Full Version : still don't have the car........

3rdgenSLIMER
07-09-2002, 05:52 PM
well guys, its been over 3 weeks, and i still don't have my car back. the guy whose fixin it is pissing my off. so there are no updates on my car at all!

accordlx
07-09-2002, 06:42 PM
I'd go and get the car. I know how you feel. I got my Corvette painted by a guy who I used to do body work for. I did tons of work for him to offset the cost of painting my car. I wanted the car done right so I stripped the car to the gelcoat. (removed every inch of paint) During the time I was prepping my car, I spent nearly all of my extra time doing shit jobs like straightening frames on pickups and cars that require extensive chassis dissasembly and then reassembly. I even ran all of his errands in my spare time. I did bodywork on over 30 vehicles to pay him for his time and the materials.

We had agreed that it would roughly cost me $3500 for his time and the materials to paint the car. I used top of the line PPG materials and really wanted the car perfect. That is why I had him paint it because I only had a year of auto painting experience versus his 10 years experience. If you've ever painted cars, you'd know that a Stingray body styled Vette is the hardest kind of car to paint.

All the guy I was working for had to do was prime, paint, and clearcoat the car. I did all of the prep work and would rub it out. Well as it turned out. We added all of the labor I did for him and I was way over what it would have cost me just to pay for the paint job out of pocket. I also had to wait for 2 months to get my car painted AFTER I stopped doing all of his dirty work. I did finally get the car painted and it came out beautifully. Problem was that I had to threaten to sue the guy before he would paint the car.

Needless to say we were very good friends before the process started but by the end, we pretty much had very hard feelings. Just another example of how trying to be friends with someone you work for can lead to disaster.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-09-2002, 06:51 PM
yeah man go get the car....if they havn't done it already they don't plan on doing it, the longer you let them keep it the longer they think they can get away with it. Go get that mofo!