PDA

View Full Version : When to put rims on?

meangreenLXi
02-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have any set point when they think it's safe to put the rims on for the summer? I know the answer is gonna be different depending on where you live because of the regional differences. I'm in upstate NY and upstate is notorious for getting a storm or blizzard in March. I'll be interested in knowing when people are puttin on the rims. We've had a week of warm weather in the mid to high 50's and some people in our area already have on their rims, when you puttin yours on :cool2: ???

PortugalFocus
02-29-2004, 11:27 AM
April, I put on m wheels............. I won't really do it any sooner............

Bryan
02-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Well if there is a risk of getting it in march, just wait until april to be sure....I mean since you live in new york you will have until october with them.

HondaBoy
02-29-2004, 11:32 AM
well, if your like me its pretty easy just to swap rims quickly. i have a hydrolic jack which makes things go fast. and i have no winter, i live in south texas! hehe. i'm glad i dont have to worry about harsh winter.

meangreenLXi
02-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Okay, but everybody else has theirs on and they look good and it's very, very tempting todo. I want opinions to see what you guys think about it and what you would you do. I'll wait, I have March 19 as the scheduled date, nah I just use the original jack in the trunk and twist them on by hand.

carotman
02-29-2004, 01:55 PM
I live in Quebec and I won't take my car out of storage before the end of april... when there is no snow left.

I've seen snowstorks in the beggining of april here.... so upstate N-Y might be the same.. I just hate calcium....

meangreenLXi
02-29-2004, 02:09 PM
calcium on the rims? What about on the alloy rims? I know on the chrome one's you'd bet calcium, but I don't know if you'd get it on the alloy rims?

RobT5580
02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
The biggest thing to watch out for up her in the NE is they tend to fill all the pot holes in during the spring and tar is not easy to clean off of rims and it can damage your clear coat as it did mine last year. Typically i store my car with the rims on during the winter and usually take it out as soon is all the mud and sand is picked up. This year i had to drive it but im planning on putting my rims on next week since im not worried about their condition much since they will eventually be replaced. But i would wait even though it sucks if you want to keep them looking nice.

MattsAccord
02-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I don't know how many time I have change from my steelies to my 17's this year. If it get's nice I will change them when it gets bad agian I will change them back. But our winter here isn't as bad compared to you guys back east. They don't use salt on the roads here and they never really need to since it might snow a total of 4 inches here the whole winter.

HostileJava
02-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Probably the end of march for me, acutally whenever I can afford new tires :D

jayp6969
03-01-2004, 08:12 AM
may for me

meangreenLXi
03-01-2004, 10:15 AM
wOAh, May!? I'm itchin now, what's the weather like up there today, we got a high of 56 alittle after noon today.

Bloodlust
03-01-2004, 01:58 PM
End of March beginning of April. But we get some of the worst snowstorms in March sometimes and the weather has been pretty weird lately, its basically anybody's guess.

HostileJava
03-01-2004, 02:03 PM
End of March beginning of April. But we get some of the worst snowstorms in March sometimes and the weather has been pretty weird lately, its basically anybody's guess.

I swear to god if I see one more snow storm u here Im moving to FL.

Bloodlust
03-01-2004, 03:04 PM
I swear to god if I see one more snow storm u here Im moving to FL.

Thats where me and Tara are most likely moving to, to get away from the crappy weather.
. Just kidding, Ill never leave good old Pennsylvania :cheers:

BITESIZE
03-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Shoot, I just roll 24/7 365 days a year mine on.

meangreenLXi
03-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Stupid question, does it snow in Idaho?