PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable cam Gears

Volitech
02-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Alright check this out!
I finally got ahold of my friend and old boss who is a machinist and has his own shop with a cnc mill! So anyway I asked him if he was able to make an adjustable cam gear! He said that it shouldn't be a problem at all and he has all the tooling to do it already but he would just need a stock one to take measurements off of! And here is the best part! He said he would make up a batch of ten or so and let me sell them! I'm going to go and meet with him tomorrow and drop off the stock cam gear! The only down side to the deal is that hes kind of busy right now and said it would be about 3-4 weeks before they would be done! I'm unsure of how much they will cost but I'm sure it will be around $100...

I should have some more info tomorrow night!

Legend-H-88
03-01-2004, 06:31 AM
oh yeah im definately in let us know whats going on..... keep up the work.

smufguy
03-01-2004, 06:38 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=19334

read that thread, come up with a more competitve pricing bro. No one aint gonna get it from an amature when a well known company makes it for 10 bux more. U need to be extremely inexpensive if u want this thing to work.

Volitech
03-01-2004, 07:39 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=19334

read that thread, come up with a more competitve pricing bro. No one aint gonna get it from an amature when a well known company makes it for 10 bux more. U need to be extremely inexpensive if u want this thing to work.

I have read that thread and i've already sent my money for one! I'm just sick of waiting for the group buy to happen I need a cam gear now not next winter! And if I have them for sale for a hundred bucks or less with the gears on hand and ready to ship I think they will sell no problem! Besides how much off an amature can I be with a degree in machine tool and cnc programing!

Legend-H-88
03-01-2004, 08:14 AM
I have read that thread and i've already sent my money for one! I'm just sick of waiting for the group buy to happen I need a cam gear now not next winter! And if I have them for sale for a hundred bucks or less with the gears on hand and ready to ship I think they will sell no problem! Besides how much off an amature can I be with a degree in machine tool and cnc programing!

You said it brother.... :werd: i need them now and i cant wait for some group buy while some guy pockets all our money. Volitech when you get the specifics up for the order you can count on my first purchase.

smufguy
03-01-2004, 10:40 AM

Its all based on your user status and how many people u know on this board. Thats one of the only way someone would bet their money on your stuff. You can be a 40yr old, with a butt load of machining skills, but the only way to prove is to have one on your car, lots of pics, specs and then it will be different.

Also, this is more of a marketing thread that is supposed to be in the Market place, Performance section is not for advertising or promotion. Im sure next time you'll follow that :D

Volitech
03-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Its all based on your user status and how many people u know on this board. Thats one of the only way someone would bet their money on your stuff. You can be a 40yr old, with a butt load of machining skills, but the only way to prove is to have one on your car, lots of pics, specs and then it will be different.

Also, this is more of a marketing thread that is supposed to be in the Market place, Performance section is not for advertising or promotion. Im sure next time you'll follow that :D

First off I fully intend on putting one of these cam gear on my car as soon as it gets made! And I will post pics! I'm not trying to market anything I just want a cam gear ASAP and i figured if i was going to have one made on a cnc machine I might as well make a batch of them for the people who do want one! I not gonna force you to buy one I'm just letting you know that I could have some real soon and I wanted to see how many peeps are interested!
Sorry! editing myself was in order!

smufguy
03-01-2004, 02:12 PM
First off I fully intend on putting one of these cam gear on my car as soon as it gets made! And I will post pics! I'm not trying to market anything I just want a cam gear ASAP and i figured if i was going to have one made on a cnc machine I might as well make a batch of them for the people who do want one! I not gonna force you to buy one I'm just letting you know that I could have some real soon and I wanted to see how many peeps are interested!
obviously your not interested judging by your piss poor additude! no offence I'm sure! :321:

oh oh oh whoa, im not having an attitude man. I dont know where you got that idea from. Just cause i was explaining how things work around here and letting you know how this forum goes cause u just joined. I was just letting you know that it takes a lot for people to get a cam gear or anything of that sort. Cause people like me and a lot of us who have to abide by emissions. Besides, spending $100 is a lot for a lot of people here. There might be a lot of people wanting to get it, i dont know, but i know for a fact that u wont find as many people as u want who need em. But dont be mistaken that i am walking over you or anything, to be dead honest, i admire your work. Its not only you, but a lot of people here with a lot of different ideas and dreams, its just amazing.

Finally, Please dont judge anyone just by two or three posts or replies. Just because I or anyone else do not reply in your context of expectation, it does not mean we are being assholes. If your unclear about someone's replies, ask them before you get snappy, it helps in the long run. Good luck and welcome to the board and have fun :cheers:

Volitech
03-01-2004, 04:17 PM
oh oh oh whoa, im not having an attitude man. I dont know where you got that idea from. Just cause i was explaining how things work around here and letting you know how this forum goes cause u just joined. I was just letting you know that it takes a lot for people to get a cam gear or anything of that sort. Cause people like me and a lot of us who have to abide by emissions. Besides, spending $100 is a lot for a lot of people here. There might be a lot of people wanting to get it, i dont know, but i know for a fact that u wont find as many people as u want who need em. But dont be mistaken that i am walking over you or anything, to be dead honest, i admire your work. Its not only you, but a lot of people here with a lot of different ideas and dreams, its just amazing.

Finally, Please dont judge anyone just by two or three posts or replies. Just because I or anyone else do not reply in your context of expectation, it does not mean we are being assholes. If your unclear about someone's replies, ask them before you get snappy, it helps in the long run. Good luck and welcome
to the board and have fun :cheers:

Look I'm sorry if I got pissy myself but I'm not judging anyone I'm only trying to help out but your looking down on me as an amature before you even asked any questions yourself! Age and user status have nothing to do with it! Results are what matter! That aside....... :)

I met with the machinist today and showed him what I needed and he worked up a price for me! $85 a gear! And he was saying that he'd be able to start writing the program for it next weekend And should have one done the same day! Once it's done I'll install it on my car and I'll let everyone know how it works...

smufguy
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Look I'm sorry if I got pissy myself but I'm not judging anyone I'm only trying to help out but your looking down on me as an amature before you even asked any questions yourself! Age and user status have nothing to do with it! Results are what matter! That aside....... :)

I met with the machinist today and showed him what I needed and he worked up a price for me! $85 a gear! And he was saying that he'd be able to start writing the program for it next weekend And should have one done the same day! Once it's done I'll install it on my car and I'll let everyone know how it works...

I would love to look at it once its finished, im sure $85 would be an awsome price along with its specs.

One last thing, the user status is how we determine how well u know your things. It also depends on your knowledge about what one talks about. Age is a crucial matter here too. Of course no one takes a 17yr old serious, cuz he does not have enough experience, unless he says so. On a forum, when u join, and ur a newbie, getting respect is still hard unless u post more and express yourself in the right way. Its not because its a forum, its the same everywhere, no one would take u seriously if ur new, cuz they dont know anything about you and they are not given a chance. So one way to know you better, is to challange your knowledge. Thats how one learns a lot about the other.

But like i said, im more than just eager to see the finished product, cuz its ur hardwork and your initiatation. Its all that matters. You know by this u get a lot of respect from members in this forum. :cheers:

Legend-H-88
03-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Sounds Great VOL..... when you have everything togetherr ill sure purchase one, i need one now and, this is more available. Plus emissions shouldnt have anything to do with purchasing one. its adjustable, plus if your using the stock cam, emissions wont change, but the power and TQ curves one the dyno should change. plus HP with a Turbo set up really comes alive with lobe seperation..... thats my 2C anyway.

modu03
03-08-2004, 02:06 PM
once you get some made up for that price, I'll definitely want to buy one... let us know how your progressing.

Volitech
03-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Well I talked with the machinist today and I'm going to go up saturday and start on it now that he has some spare time! should hopefully have first one done and ready to put on my car to test out hopefully soon! I'll get pic's asap and post them!

Legend-H-88
03-11-2004, 06:01 AM
sweet man!!!!!