PDA

View Full Version : replaced radiator and now have a couple of problems please help

neoblue89lxi
02-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I replaced my radiator with a junkyard one for a temporary replacement. The top of my other radiator got a huge crack and overheated. Before I replaced the radiator I had a code 6. I cleaned the connection between the fan and the temp unit at the bottom of the radiator. Now I have my check engine light on. It takes a while to start my car. And I still have a code six. What would cause all of this and why would my car have a hard time starting right up? Once it is started it runs smooth and the fans will come on so whats up?

Mac
02-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Code 6 is the ECT sensor. It is located in the thermostat housing. Not the switch in the radiator.

neoblue89lxi
02-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh, I was told it is on the bottom of the radiator. I know what to replace now, thanks Mac. Would that have anything to do with the car having a hard time to start and what is the worse case that can happen by having a faulty ECT?

Mac
02-29-2004, 05:34 PM
The switch on the radiator is only to turn on the fans. The ECT in the thermostat housing aids in starting engine when cold. So it might also fix your cold start problem.