PDA

View Full Version : a general strut Q:

hondaman87
02-29-2004, 08:35 PM
which is better for a car that has been dropped alot like mine for instance and does alot of touring and racing on city streets (KONI-BLISTEIN-KYB or TOKIKO) and WHY

need to replce w/ some thing better then the ones i have now (gas ryders) had them for a month and yesterday was doing some ruff ryding and blew them all

was thinking on blistein, over here they do a limited life time warranty on them

fronts are 119.00 each
rears are 99.00 each

zerotap
03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
The guys on this sight highly recomend revalved Bilsteins. From what they have been telling me those, besides koni's which are discontinued for our car, are the only ones stiff enough to handle the lowering.
which is better for a car that has been dropped alot like mine for instance and does alot of touring and racing on city streets (KONI-BLISTEIN-KYB or TOKIKO) and WHY

need to replce w/ some thing better then the ones i have now (gas ryders) had them for a month and yesterday was doing some ruff ryding and blew them all

was thinking on blistein, over here they do a limited life time warranty on them

fronts are 119.00 each
rears are 99.00 each

shepherd79
03-01-2004, 04:43 AM
you will need revalved Bilsteins. sounds like your springs are to stiff.

HostileJava
03-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah the revalved bilstiens are the best the next step down would be the koni's. You want somthing that can handle really stiff struts and not alot of travel. The stiffer the spring or the less the travel the less u want the strut to move. Less bottoming out and less bouncing.

Vinny
03-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Since Konis are basically gone then yes revalved bilsteins are the next best bet. Another thing to check into is to have the shaft shotened, depending on how low you are. I highly recommend it for REALLY slammed cars. There are still a few places that have front Koni's, Tirerack.com still has them listed as low stock, I'd buy them immediately if I were you. If you have a 1100 bucks or so call OPM Motorsports. They have a listing for koni's that have been revalved for higher spring rates and the fronts shortened. Thats all custom so hopefully they have a set on the shelf that had already been done.
OPM Motorsports (http://www.opmautosports.com/products/honda_accordlxi.html)

hondaman87
03-01-2004, 08:58 PM
well my car is slammed ask the people that seen at the CT. meeting and the springs are basicaly coil overs from a 90-93 accord