PDA

View Full Version : A Dumb question

jdragon
03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
i have a 89 se-i what kinda engine is in there..i know it is a single overhead cam but what is the nomenclature or number....i want a dohc but i just dont know a place here in dallas that would know what the hell i want to do and i dont have a garge..lol so what do you think would be good ....thank you

89AcCOrDmike
03-01-2004, 07:53 PM
so what is your question.....what do we think we would be a good swap? or what kind of engine do you have....

I'm not sure about the engine, but i think its the A20a3? fuel injected non v-tec with single overhead cam......

as far as swapping an engine in...check with a guy named old school swap...he swapped a b-16 into his accord, and there are a few other guys who are doing or have done swaps too, so check it out, and with enough money, anything is possible.

btw...feel free to use the SEARCH feature at the top right of your webpage.

Blue Impact
03-03-2004, 11:25 PM
12 Valve, SOHC, A20A3, fuel injected, non-VTEC.

What would be good you ask? Since you don't even have a clue I think the best for you is to leave your car as it is and not mess around with it cuz one thing leads to another and you're looking at spending a ton of money. Ask yourself if it'll be worth it or not.

Elijah
03-04-2004, 12:12 AM
U want power go to www.accordcentral.com go forced induction.Come hang with the big boyz

mykwikcoupe
03-04-2004, 01:00 AM
the easiiest swap by far is the JDM B20a. If you can swap parts around and figure out which bolt went where you good. You can get them from B20aturbo. His are a little spendy but worth every penny if you ask me. His are in great looking shape and come almost 100% complete. Check the FAQ and how to forums on the info about the engine.

If your engine is fuel injected its the A20a3 if its carbed its a20a1. Either way you can get the JDM B20a to work.

jdragon
03-04-2004, 08:14 PM
cool thanks for the info guys...i like the 89...i have to change out both half shafts this weekend and was going to go from there on what performance is next..you know i have to get it running good first so i started from the ground up...i just like the idea of having a little more..not much..i went from a 96 tt supra to this so ok i'm a power freak...but thanks and i might just try like a turbo for the sohc...and i think that would be good...and maybe cheaper...i live in dallas so anything is possible here...