PDA

View Full Version : E-brake Handle Help

sporkHSP
03-01-2004, 08:38 PM
does anyone know the secret to removing the e-brake handle cover... i need a new one, or to paint this one, im putting in a black console, and the brown handle wont work...
i would like to not have to paint it while its in the car...
:help: :help: :help: :help: ...please?

erics86dx
03-01-2004, 11:25 PM
you just pull it off, it might be hooked to something underneath, but make sure the rest of the center console is off, i took mine off the other day, now go try it quick

MrBen
03-02-2004, 11:36 AM
I heard it was a *itch to get off.

Vinny
03-02-2004, 12:39 PM
the handle itself is easy to get off.
Remove console
Disconnect spade connector from the parking brake switch
Remove the bolts (2 I believe) that hold the brake handle to the body
Remove the 2 cables from the equalizer
remove the handle

See Easy Money

erics86dx
03-02-2004, 02:34 PM
yep yep yep

skull1441
03-02-2004, 03:38 PM
the shifter cover got to go off first

Vinny
03-02-2004, 04:00 PM
the shifter cover got to go off first

ummmm no. Thanks for playing though. Johnny tell him what he's won. NothingJ. Just the aft half of the console needs to come out the shifter cover is the front part. Sperate the 2 sections by removing the 2 screws on the sides by the seat where the 2 sections split. I'll look at my spare ebrake handle sometime, when I get time and see if the actual plastic/rubber cover comes off. I think it slides off but I'm not totally for sure

Vinny
03-03-2004, 05:53 AM
if you take the cover and grab it at the bottom in the back you should be able to lift it and slide it fwd to get it off. I tried it last night with mine still in the car and it slid off just fine.

sporkHSP
03-03-2004, 06:44 AM
yeah, i got it off last night too, mine was glued on, but the glue was old enough that it broke... now i need a new cover to put on, its just the metal right now...
im not painting the one i have from my stock console, because i dont intend on selling the new console with the car unless i do more work and get the interior totally brown and black...
thanks you guys

Vinny
03-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Order a new one from Majestic, they aren't that expensive maybe about 20 bucks

lightbulblxi
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
look at mine in my pics on my site. lemme kno what u think. ill find the link for the site i got it from.

HondaBoy
03-03-2004, 06:46 PM
when i took mine off, it just had to pull it off with a bit of agitation. i need to redo mine black again. or maybe red? it would go it the interior, but probley get oil from my hands on it and turn a dirty color. anyway, the rubber cover thing should come off by pulling it off.

sporkHSP
03-03-2004, 07:21 PM
lightbulb, thats pretty tight, but my car is alot more stock than urs, so im lookin for a simple black handle...

Brentm
03-04-2004, 10:41 AM
so u can jsut pull on it and the plastic cover will come off or what, im confused.

sporkHSP
03-04-2004, 11:30 AM
you have to remove the console, and at the bottom of the cover, where you can get underneath it, you have to pull out to the sides and then it should just pull off...
you need to pull out because there are little plastic circles that pop into holes in the handle to hold it in place... it doesnt take any work, just time to take the console off first... if ur still confused i can take pictures of my handle to explain...

Brentm
03-04-2004, 11:44 AM
oooh ok gotcha, i thought u could jsut leave the console in, and pull off the plastic covering.