PDA

View Full Version : Heelllpppp!! Weber Carb

JOESLIM
03-02-2004, 06:03 AM
:help: I JUST GOT DONE INSTALLING MY WEBER CARB AND FINISHED DOING THE VACUM LINE REMOVAL AND I STARTED MY ACCORD UP AND INSTANTLY IT FIRED UP(AWESOME). BUT, THE IDLE RPMS RAN HIGH (AROUND 3000). WELL AFTER ADJUSTING THE CARB A LITTLE, DOUBLE CHECKING AND FINDING ONE VAC LEAK, AND ADJUSTING THE IDLE SCREW, I GOT IT TO RUN SMOOTHLY ABOVE 1000, BUT WHEN IT GETS BELOW THAT IT CHUGS, PUKES AND THEN DIES. ANY ADVICE? :beat: I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WITH THE TIMING YET. DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIC OF WHERE THE TIMING NEEDLE IS LOCATED? :cheers:

Bryan
03-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Bastard you stole my icon. :gun:

k-roy
03-03-2004, 01:03 AM
To set your timing look at the front of the engine, to the left of the header right next to the block code. There might be a plug there, I have seen countless 3gs without them. You shine the light in there to see the timing marks directly on the flywheel. Be sure to remove and plug the two vacuum advance lines coming from the distributor before you set the timing. Then loosen the distributor mounting bolts and twist away. Oh yea cylinder #1 is the one next to the pullies.